E-Commerce can be quite the lucrative marketing and sales platform, thanks to its potential to bring a ton of your products and services to your audience out there – especially in successful markets such as Hong Kong. As such, a lot of businesses tend to search for e-Commerce solutions in Hong Kong. Thing is, despite the success of many e-Commerce chains, it’s not exactly easy to find your way to the top. Like any other success story, yours has to have a beginning as well. Thing is, where exactly do you begin?
When making an e-Commerce store, it’s important to realize that it’s important to establish the kind of products you want to sell, what your target audience is, and how big a role your store will play in your overall business. This is easier said than done, but not impossible.
E-Commerce For Growth: Where Do You Start?
Before proceeding to finding your e-Commerce solution in Hong Kong, it helps to understand some considerations you need to take before choosing your platform. Here are some of them:
- How much volume will your e-Commerce site have? How much people and customers do you want your e-Commerce site to handle? It’s important to have an estimate of the volume of people your site will have, as too many people on a small site will overwhelm it, and too few people in a big site might be wasting you money.
- How much inventory do you expect your e-Commerce site to have? You might need a simple and cheap platform if you have only a few products to offer. However, if you have a ton of items to sell, you might need a more powerful and a more costly e-Commerce platform to support your needs.
- How interactive do you want your e-Commerce site to be? If you want your e-Commerce site to have features such as chat options and other interactive mechanisms, you’ll need a platform capable of supporting these.
E-Commerce Platforms: Here Are Your Top Choices
First thing’s first, you’ve got to choose your effective e-Commerce solution in Hong Kong. We understand that this process can be tricky, considering a ton of these platforms offer similar features and have their own unique twists. And if this is your first time getting into e-Commerce, you’ll likely want a platform capable of meeting your needs. With the above considerations in mind, it helps to choose a platform that’s able to get you started and at the same time not overwhelm you. Here are some platforms you can consider:
- Shopify is an easy-to-use and very versatile basic platform. If you want something that’s easy to use and get familiar with, Shopify is definitely the tool to check out. Shopify is built with the everyday businessman in mind, which means you can easily setup your e-Commerce platform in just a few clicks.
- Handy dashboard feature. Shopify has a dashboard that’s easy to access and easy to navigate. You can easily add products and customize the design of your website all in one platform. Not only that, but Shopify also offers you the option to import products from a previous store, making the import process much easier to do.
- Easy to use offerings. Shopify’s dashboard lets you add products much more easily thanks to its handy fillable form. Adding products can be easy and clear, as you only have to fill up fields for prices, descriptions, and titles. The fields are straightforward, and Shopify explains what each field is for, so you don’t have to be confused with anything.
- Offer competent customer service. Shopify also gives you the tool to easily provide competent customer service, as you can see your customers and their details from a handy interface. Shopify can help you accept a ton of credit card options, multiple language options, customer accounts, dropshipping, and even inventory management. This means your customers won’t have a hard time with your website, and even if they do have concerns, you’ll be able to answer them immediately.
- BigCommerce is clean, clear, and straightforward. Amongst popular e-Commerce solutions out there, BigCommerce might be the most efficient. Like Shopify, you can build an e-Commerce store with BigCommerce in a few minutes. However, its dashboard seems much more accessible, and all features for your website can be accessed from one screen.
- Clean and clear sidebar. Most of your activity for your site can be accessed through BigCommerce’s sidebar, which is already conveniently divided into sections that are similar to one another. Not only are there menus for customer information and products, but there’s also a handy marketing and statistics section as well.
- Detailed product manager. You can add products to BigCommerce thanks to its handy forms feature, and there are also opportunities for you to expand descriptions thanks to its multiple tabs. Aside from details, you can customize images and videos, inventory, options, custom fields, and other details.
- Comprehensible support for various shops. Regardless of the kind of store you want to create, BigCommerce seems to be equipped to handle it. Aside from 24/7 live chat support, there’s options to access unlimited bandwidth, file storage, orders, and products, as well as an extremely visual store builder. BigCommerce is built with the ambitious businessman in mind, giving you all the tools you need to go all out with your dream store.
- Volusion works with both newcomers and veterans. Regardless if it’s your first time or your third time making an e-Commerce platform, Volusion can greatly help you with your e-Commerce needs thanks to its simple and intuitive setup. Similar to BigCommerce and Shopify, Volusion has an easy-to-use interface for your shop-building needs. Where Volusion stands out, though, is that it’s much simpler to use and easier to follow.
- Newbie-friendly with step-by-step setup. If you’re a newcomer to the e-Commerce scene, you don’t have to be worried about messing up your first time. Volusion has a handy step-by-step wizard for those building their sites for the first time.
- Intuitive and accessible interface. Volusion has all its features accessible from the top menu, divided into handy tabs. You can manage marketing efforts here, your website design, your customers, as well as your inventory. They’re divided and segregated into intuitive sections.
- Immense creative potential. Volusion can support from 100 to an unlimited plethora of products on your end, and you can present them in a ton of ways thanks to its visual website builder. This allows you to go all out with the way you want people to see your products.
- Run marketing, sales from an accessible location. Volusion offers a vast suite of marketing tools you can use to evaluate your reach to your customers. Not only that, but the platform supports payments such as Amazon, Paypal, and Stripe as well as let you have control over abandoned carts, shipping rates, as well as integrate from Amazon and Ebay.
- Big Cartel makes minimalist store management work. Unlike other platforms that focus on e-Commerce, you might be surprised that Big Cartel offers such as simple-looking interface. It’s not a weakness, though, as minimalism is definitely the approach it wants to take with e-Commerce. Why would you want to see a ton of items to work on after waking up? Big Cartel understands this, and it’s made sure to fit everything you need in convenient spaces without hassling you.
- Good for beginners. Big Cartel is a huge recommendation for newcomers into the e-Commerce scene. It offers a capacity of up to 300 products, with 1 to 5 images per product you post. It has real-time statistics and responsive web designs at your disposal. It’s not highly powerful as the others in this list, but it’s perhaps Big Cartel’s intention to be available for newcomers first.
- Clean, breathtaking interface. What people will like about Big Cartel the most is its simple yet very clean-looking interface. It’s not “childish” in its simplicity, but its layout is very friendly to the eyes. This makes it quite the platform to recommend if you want a store but not all the hassle that comes with it.
- Access basic and in-depth information on your store easily. Big Cartel offers the basic outlook of your store from the dashboard on the get-go, and it gives store owners the capability to view in-depth information with a few clicks as well. This makes looking at your store less stressful, which is something not a lot of e-Commerce platforms takes into consideration.
E-Commerce Platforms: Choosing The Best Needs Proper Planning, Care
When choosing the kind of e-Commerce platform you can rely on, it helps to choose a platform with various considerations in mind. These include pointers such as your goals, how you see your company’s growth, and even your budget. Understanding these, as well as the offerings of the various platforms discussed above, can greatly improve the chances of your getting to choose the right e-Commerce platform for your needs. This means you need to be careful with what you want your e-Commerce features to do to be able to fulfill your expectations.
Likewise, it’s also not bad to rely on a bit of help when it comes to managing what you need in your road to e-Commerce success. Professional teams such as Pnetform Web Development might be able to help you setup the perfect online web store with the right kind of platform suited for your needs.