Graphic styles that cater to Western audience will vary greatly for graphics you want to cater for your audiences in Hong Kong. And graphics you want to use for a website will vary differently from graphics you want to use for your social media accounts. These are some of the key differences you need to take into account if you want your brand to be memorable to a specific audience.
And missing any one of these could put your hard work, money, and time to waste. If you want to appeal to your Hong Kong audience, you’ll need graphic design that makes effective use of design principles fit for a Hong Kong audience.
Graphic Design Principles: It’s Mix And Match The Right Way
When you’re looking towards improving your graphic design game. You’ve got to understand that it’s not always about following the latest trends or just following a set template or format. While having a theme and a consistent appearance is good for branding, it helps to keep your graphic design approach flexible, versatile, and varied. This means having to study not just graphic design principles in themselves. But how they can be weaved together, especially in the context of a theme and a medium.
Given how social media has become such a staple in today’s society. It makes sense to want to make graphic design that’s capable of capturing the attention and appeal to audiences. This is especially more so if you want to get into an audience landscape like that of Hong Kong’s. In the tips below, you’ll see not just the design principles in themselves, but also how you can apply them in the context of improving your brand’s social media presence.
- Build a plan and be consistent with it. Your social media graphics will gain a lot more traction if you build a plan to go with your multimedia pieces. What message do you want to convey to viewers? Do you want to follow a specific theme or a specific art style? Be consistent with how you want your branding to appear through your artwork, so you form a “unified” picture your viewers will recognize.
- Identify elements of your branding you want to include. When we say you should include your branding to your ads, we’re not just saying include a logo. You should include primary and key elements of your branding to your graphics. These include dominant colors and shapes, words and taglines, mascots and key symbols. As well as your “voice” or your approach to your branding.
- You need to identify your target audience very early on. When you make your designs for posts, make sure you’ve got your intended audience in mind. This makes conceptualizing your designs easier. What sort of readers and viewers check your content? Is this the kind of audience you want? If so, what sort of content do you think will keep them on your site? If not, what kind of content will attract new viewers to your social media platforms? This isn’t overtly artistic advice in itself, but it can make ideas flow in your head much easier.
- Consider your social media tools with every design. Don’t put landscape photographs on Instagram, because it prioritizes square images. Make pictures in Twitter short and sweet and engaging, so it gets a lot of traction. On Facebook, make sure you utilize various kinds of multimedia. Know your medium well, so you can pull off your plan properly. Knowing the limitations and requirements set by specific social media platforms can help you get creative without wasting your time and resources into making good designs for wrong media.
- Build upon a central theme or design. If you want your graphics to have better impact to audiences. It helps to start with a main or central theme. Say, for instance, if you want to make a graphic for a new meal in your restaurant, you need to put your meal front and center. Likewise, if you have a promotion or a discount period, you may want to put customers front and center. You can help your design gain better traction with your audiences with a central theme.
- Sizes matter everywhere. When we talk of size, we’re not just talking about the size of images, or the sizes of types and texts. We’re also talking about the way everything flows together, as size matters in a lot of aspects. Make sure important words and phrases are assigned bigger fonts and type sizes, while less-important words are smaller. The same applies to graphics – the more important an image or a shape, the bigger it should be. You should also pay attention to how much detail goes into your graphic, as too much of details can overwhelm your users.
- Guide your users’ eyes. Graphics that make use of good design showcases good artistic skill, but design that helps navigate users showcases design prowess. If you want to appeal to your audience better, try to guide them throughout the graphic. What words do you want them to see? What details do you want them to spot first? Try to make use of shapes and visual cues to direct them where they have to look.
- Take advantage of contrast. If you want your designs to make a bigger impact, take advantage of how colors play out in terms of contrast. Use contrasting color palettes in order for your graphic design to have more oomph and more impact. Some examples include red versus blue, magenta versus green, and purple versus yellow. You can try mixing and matching these colors to see for yourself how certain color combinations pop – and use these “popping” effects to emphasize important messages as well.
- Make use of white spaces. A lot of people know white spaces as parts of an artwork that can serve as “breakers” for eyes to rest. In terms of graphic design, you can use white space to emphasize important aspects of your work. Make use of white space so you can navigate the eyes and direct them to important parts of your artwork.
- What sort of emotions do you want people to feel when reading your posts? Your posts don’t always have to be flashy, especially if you’re building off a specific message. You need to take different approaches when your message is exciting, inviting, or reflective.
Creative Design: All About Theme, Message, Meaning
As stated above, graphic design for your social media isn’t just about showcasing your products and services in fancy graphics. Animation and multimedia. It’s also not just about creating and producing creative content for the sole purpose of getting yourself known and viral in your market. Effective graphic design for social media means finding the best tools and the best creative means to engage with your audience. In the most visually-stimulating experience as possible.
A huge part of this lies in understanding not just how your chosen medium – in this case, social media – works. But also how it affects the lives of its target audience and your intended market, and how your brand can blend everything together. This means mix and matching concepts and themes with ideas and culture in order to create social media content. That’s not only specifically catered to professionals in Hong Kong, but also fit for other markets as well.
If the above tips seem overwhelming. You can also seek the help of a reliable graphic design and branding team also based in Hong Kong. Pnetform Web Development and our team of graphic designers and creative staff can definitely not just add spice to your social media thrust, but also ensures your branding stays on-point and faithful to your company vision.
Some essential tips to write SEO-Friendly Content
SEO has a lot of important practices that help to optimize your site according to...
What is HTTPS? Why do we need it for eCommerce?
What is HTTPS? What is the use of it? I believe that you are familiar...
Brutalist Web Design 2020
What is Brutalist web design? Brutalism originated from modern architecture in the 1950s. After the...
Famous Brand Websites Using WordPress
WordPress is Good for Web Design WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world....
Corporate Services Company Web Design Guide 2020
Corporate Services Company Website Design The sector of corporate services is highly competitive because most...
7 reasons to redesign the company website
Why does the company website matter? If you do business nowadays, you need a company...
The limitation of free website builder platform
Free website builder platform is good for newbies You like to have your own business,...
Top 10 Hong Kong web design company with best SEO
Good Web Design Supports SEO There are more than thousands of web design companies or...
Grow With Us Pnetform The Hong Kong Web Design Company
Web Design Agency Looking For Talented Partners Despite the economic plunge, there is huge demand...
Technology Voucher Programme (TVP) enhanced in Budget 2020-21
Significant enhancement of TVP in Budget 2020/21 Starting from April 1st, 2020, there will be...
Why you need a Hong Kong web design company for the local market
Hong Kong web design is just different Hong Kong is a very special place catching...
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: What Makes It Different?
While digital marketing in Hong Kong seems to be the same as with its other...
Web Design 101: How Can Good Web Design Boost Growth?
When we talk of web design, it’s not just fancy and artsy graphics – it...
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: An Insider’s View
When we talk of digital marketing in Hong Kong, a lot of people immediately look...
Content Marketing 101: Why Your Business Should Focus On Content Marketing
A lot of people think content marketing is just about writing content. Technically speaking, this...
Branding 101: Why Your Company Needs A Great Logo
When we talk of a logo for branding, we immediately think of a “striking” logo....
Web Development In Hong Kong: Important Cost Estimates For A Website
Hong Kong can be considered one of the best places to build a business, precisely...
How To Use Effective Blogging For Business
Blogging is nowhere near dead – and content writing in Hong Kong is not gone....
The Best E-Commerce Platforms For Your Website
E-Commerce can be quite the lucrative marketing and sales platform, thanks to its potential to...
YMCA Let Me Fly Project 2019
Let me fly Internship Programme 2019 pnetform is happy to participate in the Let Me...
Top 5 Chinese Search Engines You Need to Care About
If you want to invest in entering the Hong Kong market, you need to understand...
10 Creative Graphic Design Tips for Social Media
Graphic styles that cater to Western audience will vary greatly for graphics you want to...
The Ultimate Guide to Online Branding and Building Authority Part 1 – Blogging
When you establish your brand effectively, not only will you become memorable but also recognizable...
5 Proven Ways To Build A Powerful Brand For Your Business
Branding can perhaps be the most challenging aspect of building your company and for good...
Email marketing trends to survive in mid-year 2019
When we think of marketing, email marketing doesn’t always come to mind. Why use email...
How Luxury Brands Impact Hong Kong’s Online Shoppers With 4 Social Media Apps
Online shopping has been continuously paving the way towards many changes in the global consumer...
Can You Use SEO In Hong Kong To Promote Your Website?
A website can make a huge difference in your branding efforts, especially if you want...
In Today’s Busy Hong Kong Market, What ECommerce Platform Should You Use?
In Today’s Busy Hong Kong Market, What ECommerce Platform Should You Use? There’s no denying...
Web Design And Front-End Development: How It Ties To Profit And Branding
Web design in Hong Kong can do a lot of wonders to any website...
Why Local Business In 2019 Definitely Need A Website
Businesses in today’s day and age need all the traction they can get to attract...
Top 9 Tips To Create Stellar SEO Content This 2019
If you want to “get into SEO,” you might have heard the phrase “content is...
2019 Web design cost in Hong Kong – pnetform Technology
Web design cost in Hong Kong 2019 When we talk about designing and developing a...
Content Marketing Predictions For 2019 And Beyond
A lot of business owners and marketers will likely consider the recent years as groundbreaking...
5 Ways To Tweak Your Google Business Profile For Foot Traffic
A Google Business Profile can ensure everyone gets to reach you wherever and whenever they...
4 Digital Marketing Strategies You Should Know For Local Reach
When we talk of effective digital marketing strategies, we don’t just want catchy videos and...
Old Website Content Won’t Cut It: Why And How Updating Your Content Works
A lot of digital marketers want to have reliable content writers and creators on their...
Microsoft Chromium Edge Is Here: What It Means For Front-End Developers
If you’ve ever been in the “know-how” of website development, you’ve probably heard of Microsoft...
Link Building And The Reason It Matters To SEO
A lot of people tend to forget that link building remains perhaps the most integral...
Taobao Rising As The Number One E-commerce Platform in Hong Kong?
If you’re looking for something to buy online in hong kong ecommerce, you’d likely look at...
SEO In Hong Kong: How Should You Do It?
Going local for your business isn’t an easy decision, regardless if you’re doing this from...
Get That Web Development Edge With These 2019 Trends
We’re only a quarter in 2019, but a lot of things have already happened in...
Digital Marketing 101: 10 Basic Strategies You’re Ignoring
When we think of “effective digital marketing strategies,” we often think of complex plans that...
Third anniversary of pnetform Technology
3rd anniversary of Hong Kong web design company pnetform pnetform Technology Company Limited was founded...
How To Get Search Engine Optimization To Work For You
Search engine optimization (SEO) remains an extremely integral part of any digital marketing strategy –...
Want To Find The Best Web Design Company In Hong Kong? Follow These Steps!
If your brand needs a new look, you’ll most likely want to push for a...
5 Advanced Content Promotion Strategies You Need To Check Out
Content marketing isn’t just about creating content. A huge part of content marketing lies in...
Web Design 101: What Are Some Best Frameworks?
When we talk of web designs, it’s not always about aesthetics and putting pretty buttons...
How Does Reputation Play Into Determining Your SEO Ranking?
If you’re looking for ways to improve your approach to search engine optimization. You might...
What Are The Best Ways To Improve Instagram Engagement?
Improve Instagram engagement remains as one of the most popular social media networks out there,...
How Does Your Branding Affect Your Customer Experience?
When we think of branding, we usually imagine things such as new and fancy logos,...