Hong Kong can be considered one of the best places to build a business, precisely because it’s filled with all sorts of audiences and markets. So if you want your brand to get known in Hong Kong, you might want to start web development in Hong Kong for your audiences there. Where do you start, though? How much does it cost to build a website in Hong Kong?
The thing with building websites, especially for diverse markets like Hong Kong, is that it needs a lot of money to create and manage. The more features you want in your site, the more money you will likely have to spend in order to get everything to work. Just the idea of having to spend for a website can be daunting, especially for first-timers. However, studying ahead and identifying costs for making a site can make things much easier to handle.
Website Essentials? What Does Your Website Need?
Before we move on to the exact price of web development in Hong Kong, you need to know what exactly it is that we need in the first place. Building a website is costly because it’s not just a website you’re paying for, but rather a website and the components that come with it. These include:
- Domain name, which is the address of your website. You need to secure this, as this makes your website unique from the rest. Maintaining ownership of this name also has its costs.
- Website platform, which is what you’ll use to build your website. This can be a wide variety of software such as WordPress, Weebly, or Wix.
- Website hosting, which is responsible for making sure your website works all the time. This depends on the kind of website builder you use.
- Custom services and features, which include built-in features and services unique to the kind of website and brand you have. These include having online stores, blogs and webpages, games, or even other offerings.
With these many considerations in mind, you need to make sure you allot a realistic budget for your web development in Hong Kong. Having too little of a budget might put your website in jeopardy, especially if you don’t have the budget to maintain your website for a few years. Double-check the amount you’ve allotted for your budget before building a website, and before adding in features.
The Cost: How Much Do These Cost?
Given the above, there’s actually some considerations to take in mind whenever you want to proceed with web development in Hong Kong. There are some items you have to pay for once, and sometimes regularly for the maintenance, stability, and growth of your website. Website building can go from HKD 784.53 (USD 100) to HKD 3,922.64 (USD 500). Extremely custom-build sites can reach as high as HKD 235, 358 (USD 30,000). These all depend on the items you want to include, such as:
- Your website needs to have an allocated budget for web hosting and domain name. These are relatively small parts of your budget you need to maintain annually. Your domain name maintains an “address” people can use to go to your website, while your web host makes sure your website remains stable.
- For the domain name, you usually need to allot HKD 117.61 (USD 14.99) annually to keep it under your name. This is important if you want to maintain the stability of your site.
- For the web host, you may need to pay as much as HKD 62.69 (USD 7.99) every month. Your web host can be costly because this is a service that maintains your website.
- Some services offer the two of these as a package you can pay for as low as HKD 869.87 (USD 110.87) annually. Of course, choose this only if you’re using the service provider of both the domain name and the web developer.
- Design makes the dream work, but unfortunately there are costs for creativity. If you want to invest in a creative team to help with your website design, you need to invest a bit of money in order for them to be able to create your dream website.
- This means you need to pay your team depending on the research, wireframing, and UX (user experience) and UI (user interface) design. Research involves getting all the creative elements together before being wireframed or converted into a layout that can be executed. Meanwhile, your user interface has to do with all the elements necessary to build a good user experience.
- As such, website design can go for as fast as 15 hours (HKD 5,884.99 or USD 750) to as long as 80 hours (HKD 31,386.60 or USD 4,000) depending on how much work you want to be done for your site.
- Front-end ensures your visitors have all the means of interacting with your website. When it comes to web design, it’s front-end development that usually takes a lot of the bulk because of how much it can affect audience perception. This is because this is literally what people see first on the website. The front-end consists of everything your users interact with, including webpages, buttons, and the like.
- Due to the intricate nature of front-end development, there’s a lot of QA testing involved on the matter. Tests and other things to consider are the complexity of your animations, and the adaptiveness and responsiveness of your website.
- With the above in mind, you can more or less estimate the time needed to complete front-end development to be around 20 hours (HKD 7,846.85 or USD 1,000) to up to 250 hours (HKD 98,085.62 or USD 12,500).
- Back-end makes sure everything in the website works. While the front-end ensures visitors have various website elements to interact with, it’s the back-end that makes sure these elements do their job. Back-end comes to play when users click buttons or want to interact with the various features of your site.
- Back-end development involves a ton of coding and development. Considerations you need to have on this regard include complex queries, processing non-standard data such as audio, or integration with third-party services.
- The above takes time to configure as well, which means time you’ll spend in this process can range from 80 hours (HKD 31,386.60 or USD 4,000) to as long as 250 hours (HKD 98,085.62 or USD 12,500).
- Custom features require a bit of planning and evaluation. Aside from your core website, which can be composed of a homepage and some inside pages, you might want to consider adding some more features to make your website fit your niche. Of course, these services have different classifications, all of which have different budgets of their own.
- A CMS or a content management system allows you to edit, manage, and create content on website resources. This is handy as this may help you manage site yourself and not always call on web developers for the assist. Developing a CMS can take as long as 60 hours (HKD 23,540.40 or USD 3,000) to as long as 180 hours (HKD 70,621.20 or USD 9,000).
- If you want a dedicated eCommerce feature into your website, you need additional considerations in mind. Aside from SSL certification for your site, you need people to maintain the eCommerce store and make sure it works perfectly. Some website builders already have built-in eCommerce capabilities, which can get pretty handy. On average, annual costs for a basic eCommerce website can cost you HKD 1,490.53 (USD 190).
- Regardless of your choices, these additional features can actually cost from HKD 3,922.52 (USD 500) to HKD 7,845.05 (USD 1,000).
Website Building: The Hong Kong Perspective
With the above in mind, you might be surprised to find out that building a website in Hong Kong needs quite a ton of considerations on your end. And it’s good effort on your end to search for estimated website costs as early as now, so you wouldn’t experience as much conflict when organizing your web development efforts in the future.
If you’re experiencing a bit of trouble setting up your Hong Kong website, you might need the assistance from a team of professionals. Pnetform Web Development consists of a team of trained and skilled professionals capable of handling different digital marketing needs – from blog writing to website development. As such, Pnetform Web Development can serve as a great means for you to have a reliable team to not just make your website for you, but manage it according to your needs as well.
Some essential tips to write SEO-Friendly Content
SEO has a lot of important practices that help to optimize your site according to...
What is HTTPS? Why do we need it for eCommerce?
What is HTTPS? What is the use of it? I believe that you are familiar...
Brutalist Web Design 2020
What is Brutalist web design? Brutalism originated from modern architecture in the 1950s. After the...
Famous Brand Websites Using WordPress
WordPress is Good for Web Design WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world....
Corporate Services Company Web Design Guide 2020
Corporate Services Company Website Design The sector of corporate services is highly competitive because most...
7 reasons to redesign the company website
Why does the company website matter? If you do business nowadays, you need a company...
The limitation of free website builder platform
Free website builder platform is good for newbies You like to have your own business,...
Top 10 Hong Kong web design company with best SEO
Good Web Design Supports SEO There are more than thousands of web design companies or...
Grow With Us Pnetform The Hong Kong Web Design Company
Web Design Agency Looking For Talented Partners Despite the economic plunge, there is huge demand...
Technology Voucher Programme (TVP) enhanced in Budget 2020-21
Significant enhancement of TVP in Budget 2020/21 Starting from April 1st, 2020, there will be...
Why you need a Hong Kong web design company for the local market
Hong Kong web design is just different Hong Kong is a very special place catching...
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: What Makes It Different?
While digital marketing in Hong Kong seems to be the same as with its other...
Web Design 101: How Can Good Web Design Boost Growth?
When we talk of web design, it’s not just fancy and artsy graphics – it...
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: An Insider’s View
When we talk of digital marketing in Hong Kong, a lot of people immediately look...
Content Marketing 101: Why Your Business Should Focus On Content Marketing
A lot of people think content marketing is just about writing content. Technically speaking, this...
Branding 101: Why Your Company Needs A Great Logo
When we talk of a logo for branding, we immediately think of a “striking” logo....
Web Development In Hong Kong: Important Cost Estimates For A Website
Hong Kong can be considered one of the best places to build a business, precisely...
How To Use Effective Blogging For Business
Blogging is nowhere near dead – and content writing in Hong Kong is not gone....
The Best E-Commerce Platforms For Your Website
E-Commerce can be quite the lucrative marketing and sales platform, thanks to its potential to...
YMCA Let Me Fly Project 2019
Let me fly Internship Programme 2019 pnetform is happy to participate in the Let Me...
Top 5 Chinese Search Engines You Need to Care About
If you want to invest in entering the Hong Kong market, you need to understand...
10 Creative Graphic Design Tips for Social Media
Graphic styles that cater to Western audience will vary greatly for graphics you want to...
The Ultimate Guide to Online Branding and Building Authority Part 1 – Blogging
When you establish your brand effectively, not only will you become memorable but also recognizable...
5 Proven Ways To Build A Powerful Brand For Your Business
Branding can perhaps be the most challenging aspect of building your company and for good...
Email marketing trends to survive in mid-year 2019
When we think of marketing, email marketing doesn’t always come to mind. Why use email...
How Luxury Brands Impact Hong Kong’s Online Shoppers With 4 Social Media Apps
Online shopping has been continuously paving the way towards many changes in the global consumer...
Can You Use SEO In Hong Kong To Promote Your Website?
A website can make a huge difference in your branding efforts, especially if you want...
In Today’s Busy Hong Kong Market, What ECommerce Platform Should You Use?
In Today’s Busy Hong Kong Market, What ECommerce Platform Should You Use? There’s no denying...
Web Design And Front-End Development: How It Ties To Profit And Branding
Web design in Hong Kong can do a lot of wonders to any website...
Why Local Business In 2019 Definitely Need A Website
Businesses in today’s day and age need all the traction they can get to attract...
Top 9 Tips To Create Stellar SEO Content This 2019
If you want to “get into SEO,” you might have heard the phrase “content is...
2019 Web design cost in Hong Kong – pnetform Technology
Web design cost in Hong Kong 2019 When we talk about designing and developing a...
Content Marketing Predictions For 2019 And Beyond
A lot of business owners and marketers will likely consider the recent years as groundbreaking...
5 Ways To Tweak Your Google Business Profile For Foot Traffic
A Google Business Profile can ensure everyone gets to reach you wherever and whenever they...
4 Digital Marketing Strategies You Should Know For Local Reach
When we talk of effective digital marketing strategies, we don’t just want catchy videos and...
Old Website Content Won’t Cut It: Why And How Updating Your Content Works
A lot of digital marketers want to have reliable content writers and creators on their...
Microsoft Chromium Edge Is Here: What It Means For Front-End Developers
If you’ve ever been in the “know-how” of website development, you’ve probably heard of Microsoft...
Link Building And The Reason It Matters To SEO
A lot of people tend to forget that link building remains perhaps the most integral...
Taobao Rising As The Number One E-commerce Platform in Hong Kong?
If you’re looking for something to buy online in hong kong ecommerce, you’d likely look at...
SEO In Hong Kong: How Should You Do It?
Going local for your business isn’t an easy decision, regardless if you’re doing this from...
Get That Web Development Edge With These 2019 Trends
We’re only a quarter in 2019, but a lot of things have already happened in...
Digital Marketing 101: 10 Basic Strategies You’re Ignoring
When we think of “effective digital marketing strategies,” we often think of complex plans that...
Third anniversary of pnetform Technology
3rd anniversary of Hong Kong web design company pnetform pnetform Technology Company Limited was founded...
How To Get Search Engine Optimization To Work For You
Search engine optimization (SEO) remains an extremely integral part of any digital marketing strategy –...
Want To Find The Best Web Design Company In Hong Kong? Follow These Steps!
If your brand needs a new look, you’ll most likely want to push for a...
5 Advanced Content Promotion Strategies You Need To Check Out
Content marketing isn’t just about creating content. A huge part of content marketing lies in...
Web Design 101: What Are Some Best Frameworks?
When we talk of web designs, it’s not always about aesthetics and putting pretty buttons...
How Does Reputation Play Into Determining Your SEO Ranking?
If you’re looking for ways to improve your approach to search engine optimization. You might...
What Are The Best Ways To Improve Instagram Engagement?
Improve Instagram engagement remains as one of the most popular social media networks out there,...
How Does Your Branding Affect Your Customer Experience?
When we think of branding, we usually imagine things such as new and fancy logos,...