When we talk of digital marketing in Hong Kong, a lot of people immediately look for content marketing, social media marketing, or web development methods. However, not a lot of teams and companies get to make a mark in their respective industries – even with the help of digital marketing. Why is that? Well, if you want to get into digital marketing in Hong Kong, it helps to be aware of not just how to appeal to the Hong Kong market, but also why the digital marketing in Hong Kong appears the way it is. That’s because digital marketing’s impact in Hong Kong differs greatly compared to other countries.
Digital marketing in Hong Kong took a while to get into the marketing scene. In fact, there’s a bit of an interesting connection between digital marketing as a field and Hong Kong’s relationship with marketing in general. And understanding how this bit of history works might be able to give you the kind of edge you need in your digital marketing approach. Here’s the inside story on why digital marketing in Hong Kong is the way it is:
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: The Present
If you want to succeed in digital marketing in Hong Kong, you’ve got to start at the very beginning. This likely means starting to build your knowledge base as to why Hong Kong’s current marketing atmosphere is the way it is. Here are some points in Hong Kong’s digital marketing atmosphere you should consider, especially with regards to the presence of digital media:
- Why is digital marketing struggling to be a hit? A lot of professionals in digital marketing might notice a difficulty in appealing to modern Hong Kong customers with their marketing strategies. This can be weird, considering the fact that a lot of digital marketing approaches that work in the West might not necessarily be appealing to the Hong Kong market. Well, this might be because of Hong Kong’s atmosphere towards digital marketing at large.
- There might still be attachment to traditional print and television media when it comes to the spread of information. While Hong Kong remains to be a technological juggernaut, a report shows that advertisers still rely a bit on television to reach their customers.
- Businesses don’t seem to necessarily shift to digital marketing easily as well. Given that Hong Kong’s audiences seem to find traditional media more attractive, it’s less likely for businesses in Hong Kong to immediately shift to digital much easily as well.
- More companies and businesses in Hong Kong see the value in digital marketing. Another important consideration with regards to Hong Kong’s growth in the digital marketing scene is how companies have begun seeing the worth of investing in digital marketing strategies. This means more and more businesses have begun taking a more focused approach with regards to how they want to pull off their branding online.
- A lot of companies have begun showing greatest interest with regards to campaigns in digital, regardless of their niche and industry. These include financial institutions and fast selling consumer goods, as well as new creative startups. Thanks to the influx of these new companies, this means more and more businesses will likely take the leap towards digital.
- The growth of social media has also shown more businesses in Hong Kong the value of investing in their own brand. This is reflected with the shift of a lot of companies’ focus to divert less attention towards operations and look more into customer behavior. This means it’s also likely for them to be on the lookout for marketing specialists that specialize in social media content.
- There’s also the growing interest in the impact of content marketing to sales. While a lot of companies have relied on freelancers in previous years, more and more businesses have begun making in-house teams that have a better grasp of their company ideology and how they want their content to appear.
- Growing talent means growing industries. Hong Kong has no shortage of talented professionals, and this is all the more so the case when it comes to marketing specialists. Growth when it comes to Hong Kong’s talent pool means more and more individuals that have training with digital marketing strategies. As such, more and more businesses now have opportunities to hire and get teams of professionals with various backgrounds.
- Digital marketing in Hong Kong, as a growing industry, means there aren’t a ton of extremely “ideal” candidates for marketing positions. However, this also opens doors for professionals to showcase other aspects of their skillsets, especially in other fields. This opens up opportunities for workplaces to have a diverse set of professionals with different points of view and outlooks that can encourage creativity and innovation.
- The expansion of digital marketing in Hong Kong means there’s also room to cultivate talent overseas. This allows companies to develop better connections and a network inside and outside related fields. This also enables companies to expand their horizons and get to know how their Western counterparts approach a particular topic or niche.
- There’s future in digital marketing. The above points don’t necessarily imply that there’s no hope left for digital marketing in Hong Kong, though. It’s important to take into account the fact that a lot more businesses and marketers seem to develop a newfound interest in helping the atmosphere of digital marketing in Hong Kong grow. And this development, while a bit slow, seems to pick up momentum. Interestingly, this also means there’s likely to be great developments in the work for digital marketing soon.
- This is also in part thanks to the new approach taken by Hong Kong leadership, especially with promises to focus more in financial technology, courtesy of the Innovation and Technology Venture Fund. This fund, which amounts to around USD 256-million, will be funding a lot of technology-related ventures of the country, including marketing.
- A campaignasia report states that while advertisers do spend in television advertising, the prior admanGo report didn’t seem to monitor spending towards programmatic advertising, paid social, and paid search digital advertisements.
- It’s also predicted that digital marketing revenue can reach as high as USD 6.6-billion in Hong Kong in as early as 2021, as evidenced by a trend of growing confidence on the part of advertisers.
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: An Ongoing Story
If there’s anything the above has told us, it’s that digital marketing hasn’t had an easy history in Hong Kong. In fact, there’s still a bit of difficulty in digital’s entry into the mainstream market. However, companies and teams like Pnetform Web Development have been constantly proving their audiences – and especially their clients – that there’s a future in digital marketing. And like other pioneers in future industries, it’s these teams that relentlessly innovate their digital marketing game in Hong Kong that may likely prove digital marketing has potential in the market. Hopefully, with the knowledge from the above historical points, you’ll be able to propel your company or your brand to a position where you can use digital marketing to your advantage.
Some essential tips to write SEO-Friendly Content
SEO has a lot of important practices that help to optimize your site according to...
What is HTTPS? Why do we need it for eCommerce?
What is HTTPS? What is the use of it? I believe that you are familiar...
Brutalist Web Design 2020
What is Brutalist web design? Brutalism originated from modern architecture in the 1950s. After the...
Famous Brand Websites Using WordPress
WordPress is Good for Web Design WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world....
Corporate Services Company Web Design Guide 2020
Corporate Services Company Website Design The sector of corporate services is highly competitive because most...
7 reasons to redesign the company website
Why does the company website matter? If you do business nowadays, you need a company...
The limitation of free website builder platform
Free website builder platform is good for newbies You like to have your own business,...
Top 10 Hong Kong web design company with best SEO
Good Web Design Supports SEO There are more than thousands of web design companies or...
Grow With Us Pnetform The Hong Kong Web Design Company
Web Design Agency Looking For Talented Partners Despite the economic plunge, there is huge demand...
Technology Voucher Programme (TVP) enhanced in Budget 2020-21
Significant enhancement of TVP in Budget 2020/21 Starting from April 1st, 2020, there will be...
Why you need a Hong Kong web design company for the local market
Hong Kong web design is just different Hong Kong is a very special place catching...
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: What Makes It Different?
While digital marketing in Hong Kong seems to be the same as with its other...
Web Design 101: How Can Good Web Design Boost Growth?
When we talk of web design, it’s not just fancy and artsy graphics – it...
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: An Insider’s View
When we talk of digital marketing in Hong Kong, a lot of people immediately look...
Content Marketing 101: Why Your Business Should Focus On Content Marketing
A lot of people think content marketing is just about writing content. Technically speaking, this...
Branding 101: Why Your Company Needs A Great Logo
When we talk of a logo for branding, we immediately think of a “striking” logo....
Web Development In Hong Kong: Important Cost Estimates For A Website
Hong Kong can be considered one of the best places to build a business, precisely...
How To Use Effective Blogging For Business
Blogging is nowhere near dead – and content writing in Hong Kong is not gone....
The Best E-Commerce Platforms For Your Website
E-Commerce can be quite the lucrative marketing and sales platform, thanks to its potential to...
YMCA Let Me Fly Project 2019
Let me fly Internship Programme 2019 pnetform is happy to participate in the Let Me...
Top 5 Chinese Search Engines You Need to Care About
If you want to invest in entering the Hong Kong market, you need to understand...
10 Creative Graphic Design Tips for Social Media
Graphic styles that cater to Western audience will vary greatly for graphics you want to...
The Ultimate Guide to Online Branding and Building Authority Part 1 – Blogging
When you establish your brand effectively, not only will you become memorable but also recognizable...
5 Proven Ways To Build A Powerful Brand For Your Business
Branding can perhaps be the most challenging aspect of building your company and for good...
Email marketing trends to survive in mid-year 2019
When we think of marketing, email marketing doesn’t always come to mind. Why use email...
How Luxury Brands Impact Hong Kong’s Online Shoppers With 4 Social Media Apps
Online shopping has been continuously paving the way towards many changes in the global consumer...
Can You Use SEO In Hong Kong To Promote Your Website?
A website can make a huge difference in your branding efforts, especially if you want...
In Today’s Busy Hong Kong Market, What ECommerce Platform Should You Use?
In Today’s Busy Hong Kong Market, What ECommerce Platform Should You Use? There’s no denying...
Web Design And Front-End Development: How It Ties To Profit And Branding
Web design in Hong Kong can do a lot of wonders to any website...
Why Local Business In 2019 Definitely Need A Website
Businesses in today’s day and age need all the traction they can get to attract...
Top 9 Tips To Create Stellar SEO Content This 2019
If you want to “get into SEO,” you might have heard the phrase “content is...
2019 Web design cost in Hong Kong – pnetform Technology
Web design cost in Hong Kong 2019 When we talk about designing and developing a...
Content Marketing Predictions For 2019 And Beyond
A lot of business owners and marketers will likely consider the recent years as groundbreaking...
5 Ways To Tweak Your Google Business Profile For Foot Traffic
A Google Business Profile can ensure everyone gets to reach you wherever and whenever they...
4 Digital Marketing Strategies You Should Know For Local Reach
When we talk of effective digital marketing strategies, we don’t just want catchy videos and...
Old Website Content Won’t Cut It: Why And How Updating Your Content Works
A lot of digital marketers want to have reliable content writers and creators on their...
Microsoft Chromium Edge Is Here: What It Means For Front-End Developers
If you’ve ever been in the “know-how” of website development, you’ve probably heard of Microsoft...
Link Building And The Reason It Matters To SEO
A lot of people tend to forget that link building remains perhaps the most integral...
Taobao Rising As The Number One E-commerce Platform in Hong Kong?
If you’re looking for something to buy online in hong kong ecommerce, you’d likely look at...
SEO In Hong Kong: How Should You Do It?
Going local for your business isn’t an easy decision, regardless if you’re doing this from...
Get That Web Development Edge With These 2019 Trends
We’re only a quarter in 2019, but a lot of things have already happened in...
Digital Marketing 101: 10 Basic Strategies You’re Ignoring
When we think of “effective digital marketing strategies,” we often think of complex plans that...
Third anniversary of pnetform Technology
3rd anniversary of Hong Kong web design company pnetform pnetform Technology Company Limited was founded...
How To Get Search Engine Optimization To Work For You
Search engine optimization (SEO) remains an extremely integral part of any digital marketing strategy –...
Want To Find The Best Web Design Company In Hong Kong? Follow These Steps!
If your brand needs a new look, you’ll most likely want to push for a...
5 Advanced Content Promotion Strategies You Need To Check Out
Content marketing isn’t just about creating content. A huge part of content marketing lies in...
Web Design 101: What Are Some Best Frameworks?
When we talk of web designs, it’s not always about aesthetics and putting pretty buttons...
How Does Reputation Play Into Determining Your SEO Ranking?
If you’re looking for ways to improve your approach to search engine optimization. You might...
What Are The Best Ways To Improve Instagram Engagement?
Improve Instagram engagement remains as one of the most popular social media networks out there,...
How Does Your Branding Affect Your Customer Experience?
When we think of branding, we usually imagine things such as new and fancy logos,...