We’re only a quarter in 2019, but a lot of things have already happened in the realm of digital marketing. It’s important to not just be aware of what’s “in” and what’s “out,” but also how to use these trends to give your brand an edge in the long run. In terms of web development, things work pretty much the same way. A lot of trends exist out there that you can use to up the ante on your web development game, but not a lot of them are compatible with what you’re looking for and what you need. If you’re specifically looking for local web development trends, especially if you’re targeting a local audience such as that in Hong Kong, then you might need to consider the top trends first before applying them to your needs.
Responsive Websites Show Seamlessness
Responsive websites are extremely “in” not just because of being a trend, but because of just how practical a strategy it can be. Responsive websites don’t just mean websites that “responds” to what a user needs in terms of how they can access and navigate a site, but also on how they view the site and use it overall. Websites need to seamlessly integrate from desktop, to tablet, to mobile views in order to show smooth and fluid transitions to users.
- Dedicated mobile friendly designs. If possible, make it a point to get your website to use mobile friendly designs and concepts. Not only does this make your website more compatible with mobile devices, but also makes you habitually make your site as responsive as possible. This is good practice, especially if you want to reach a wider demographic across a wide range of media.
- Make use of CSS variables and your themes. Website builders and frameworks have options to make you themes for a reason, and don’t hesitate to use them. Sometimes, relying on the tools frameworks give you to make your own themes can pave way to more streamlined and straightforward websites. This improves not only the consumed bandwidth of your site, but also on your site’s overall organization in terms of code. In speaking of,
- Make your code as seamless as possible. If it’s possible for you to make your site’s overall code as organized as possible, do so. This will really save up your time in the long run, especially once you look into ways of reorganizing your website. This is also especially helpful for troubleshooting, given you’ll eventually get to a point where you’ll modify your site’s overall designs.
Minimalism Shows More Despite Being Less
The idiom “less is more” makes sense now more than ever in the trend of minimalism. And this isn’t just something you can use in art, but also in your website development. The less complicated something is, the more organized it seems and the more appealing it becomes. Make effective use of white spaces, plain colors, and straightforward designs in your web development approach as this gives your website that added “oomph.” The less unnecessary details in your site, the less bandwidth it consumes, and the more fluid your site becomes to viewers.
- Typography can be creative. Don’t be afraid to go all out with your approach to typography. A lot of brands have begun getting a much “bolder” approach with the way they present their logos, especially typography. Some resort to outlines, others rely on Helvetica-esque fonts to appear more “cheerful” but also “professional” to your users.
- Depth isn’t all that bad. If you want to get your “groove” on and use a more unique approach to presenting your website, you can actually get yourself a team to get yourself an improved approach to graphics. These can be in the form of 3D artwork, photography, or graphics with added depth. This “bridges” the gap between customers, who are in this 3D space, with your product.
- Vibrancy gets you that “punch” to your site. When it comes to choosing your website’s colors, don’t hesitate to use contrasted and saturated colors to “boost” the appeal of your images. This also goes for your design choice. Don’t hesitate to get out of your comfort zone, but at the same time maintain a consistent and straightforward approach to your graphics. Use minimalism here in a sense that you use one consistent design element throughout your graphics, despite how crazy the approach you want to take.
Progressive, Flexible Web Pages Appeal To Users
Aside from making websites “look” good and be “responsive,” we need to make sure they’re functional and speedy as well. A lot of companies have resorted to progressive web apps (PWAs) when making their websites, as this allows them to make their sites load easily and offer more features in a handier and more practical setup. This, combined with things such as single page applications (SPAs) can allow your website to be more accessible to all sorts of users, regardless of their network conditions.
- Radical designs can generate appeal. Don’t just rely on making typography unique, but also your entire website design. Mix and match design principles and take everything up a notch. Just be sure to make one element noticed, so things don’t get too clunky. Do you want to give your site a more surrealist approach? Do you want to focus on animations? All of these can work – point is, the more unique and practical the website, the more stunning it looks. Of course,
- Flexibility counts in navigation and exploration. Don’t just push your website to be “pretty” and nothing else. Make sure design principles you apply to your web pages are actually useful for your audiences. Be sure that these lead to better navigation and exploration for your audiences to maximize appeal.
Humanize Your Approach To Web Development
When you want to appeal to your audiences, you’ve got to appeal to their emotions and not just their desires. Make sure your web development approach remains consistent with the rest of your branding. Your vision and message should show not just in your content, but also your site. Are you catered to a local market such as young professionals in Hong Kong? Then your website should follow their aesthetic, use the local language, feature young professionals, and even use photography that feature them.
- Artificial intelligence, chatbots are in. Don’t neglect on the kind of help AI-powered chatbots can do. They’re extremely worth the investment, especially if you want your website to be more accessible to more users, regardless of the time and place. If you’re handling a shop or a service, an integrated chat service allows your users to easily ask questions and get answers to what they need in a speedy manner.
- Amp up on cybersecurity whenever possible. When you make a powerful and functional website, don’t hesitate to beef up your cybersecurity. This is especially the case if you’re the kind of website that handles a service or an online store. It’s important to be able to store the details of your users in a secure environment. Not only is this an extension of trust, but this also ensures malicious entities won’t be able to tamper with your website.
Web Development in 2019: It’s Practical, It’s Minimalist, It’s Functional
Web development is no easy feat to accomplish, especially given how a lot of today’s web development trends actually rely on more responsive, more minimalist, and more functional websites. With these in mind, it helps to combine these concepts with other important considerations such as location, target audience, and even the intent of your website in the first place. For instance, if you’re planning to focus on audiences based in Hong Kong, it’s not enough to make a responsive and minimalist website, it’s important to make a website that responses specifically to their needs. These considerations, combined with the above trends, can make for a powerful and effective website in the long run.
Some essential tips to write SEO-Friendly Content
SEO has a lot of important practices that help to optimize your site according to...
What is HTTPS? Why do we need it for eCommerce?
What is HTTPS? What is the use of it? I believe that you are familiar...
Brutalist Web Design 2020
What is Brutalist web design? Brutalism originated from modern architecture in the 1950s. After the...
Famous Brand Websites Using WordPress
WordPress is Good for Web Design WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world....
Corporate Services Company Web Design Guide 2020
Corporate Services Company Website Design The sector of corporate services is highly competitive because most...
7 reasons to redesign the company website
Why does the company website matter? If you do business nowadays, you need a company...
The limitation of free website builder platform
Free website builder platform is good for newbies You like to have your own business,...
Top 10 Hong Kong web design company with best SEO
Good Web Design Supports SEO There are more than thousands of web design companies or...
Grow With Us Pnetform The Hong Kong Web Design Company
Web Design Agency Looking For Talented Partners Despite the economic plunge, there is huge demand...
Technology Voucher Programme (TVP) enhanced in Budget 2020-21
Significant enhancement of TVP in Budget 2020/21 Starting from April 1st, 2020, there will be...
Why you need a Hong Kong web design company for the local market
Hong Kong web design is just different Hong Kong is a very special place catching...
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: What Makes It Different?
While digital marketing in Hong Kong seems to be the same as with its other...
Web Design 101: How Can Good Web Design Boost Growth?
When we talk of web design, it’s not just fancy and artsy graphics – it...
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: An Insider’s View
When we talk of digital marketing in Hong Kong, a lot of people immediately look...
Content Marketing 101: Why Your Business Should Focus On Content Marketing
A lot of people think content marketing is just about writing content. Technically speaking, this...
Branding 101: Why Your Company Needs A Great Logo
When we talk of a logo for branding, we immediately think of a “striking” logo....
Web Development In Hong Kong: Important Cost Estimates For A Website
Hong Kong can be considered one of the best places to build a business, precisely...
How To Use Effective Blogging For Business
Blogging is nowhere near dead – and content writing in Hong Kong is not gone....
The Best E-Commerce Platforms For Your Website
E-Commerce can be quite the lucrative marketing and sales platform, thanks to its potential to...
YMCA Let Me Fly Project 2019
Let me fly Internship Programme 2019 pnetform is happy to participate in the Let Me...
Top 5 Chinese Search Engines You Need to Care About
If you want to invest in entering the Hong Kong market, you need to understand...
10 Creative Graphic Design Tips for Social Media
Graphic styles that cater to Western audience will vary greatly for graphics you want to...
The Ultimate Guide to Online Branding and Building Authority Part 1 – Blogging
When you establish your brand effectively, not only will you become memorable but also recognizable...
5 Proven Ways To Build A Powerful Brand For Your Business
Branding can perhaps be the most challenging aspect of building your company and for good...
Email marketing trends to survive in mid-year 2019
When we think of marketing, email marketing doesn’t always come to mind. Why use email...
How Luxury Brands Impact Hong Kong’s Online Shoppers With 4 Social Media Apps
Online shopping has been continuously paving the way towards many changes in the global consumer...
Can You Use SEO In Hong Kong To Promote Your Website?
A website can make a huge difference in your branding efforts, especially if you want...
In Today’s Busy Hong Kong Market, What ECommerce Platform Should You Use?
In Today’s Busy Hong Kong Market, What ECommerce Platform Should You Use? There’s no denying...
Web Design And Front-End Development: How It Ties To Profit And Branding
Web design in Hong Kong can do a lot of wonders to any website...
Why Local Business In 2019 Definitely Need A Website
Businesses in today’s day and age need all the traction they can get to attract...
Top 9 Tips To Create Stellar SEO Content This 2019
If you want to “get into SEO,” you might have heard the phrase “content is...
2019 Web design cost in Hong Kong – pnetform Technology
Web design cost in Hong Kong 2019 When we talk about designing and developing a...
Content Marketing Predictions For 2019 And Beyond
A lot of business owners and marketers will likely consider the recent years as groundbreaking...
5 Ways To Tweak Your Google Business Profile For Foot Traffic
A Google Business Profile can ensure everyone gets to reach you wherever and whenever they...
4 Digital Marketing Strategies You Should Know For Local Reach
When we talk of effective digital marketing strategies, we don’t just want catchy videos and...
Old Website Content Won’t Cut It: Why And How Updating Your Content Works
A lot of digital marketers want to have reliable content writers and creators on their...
Microsoft Chromium Edge Is Here: What It Means For Front-End Developers
If you’ve ever been in the “know-how” of website development, you’ve probably heard of Microsoft...
Link Building And The Reason It Matters To SEO
A lot of people tend to forget that link building remains perhaps the most integral...
Taobao Rising As The Number One E-commerce Platform in Hong Kong?
If you’re looking for something to buy online in hong kong ecommerce, you’d likely look at...
SEO In Hong Kong: How Should You Do It?
Going local for your business isn’t an easy decision, regardless if you’re doing this from...
Get That Web Development Edge With These 2019 Trends
We’re only a quarter in 2019, but a lot of things have already happened in...
Digital Marketing 101: 10 Basic Strategies You’re Ignoring
When we think of “effective digital marketing strategies,” we often think of complex plans that...
Third anniversary of pnetform Technology
3rd anniversary of Hong Kong web design company pnetform pnetform Technology Company Limited was founded...
How To Get Search Engine Optimization To Work For You
Search engine optimization (SEO) remains an extremely integral part of any digital marketing strategy –...
Want To Find The Best Web Design Company In Hong Kong? Follow These Steps!
If your brand needs a new look, you’ll most likely want to push for a...
5 Advanced Content Promotion Strategies You Need To Check Out
Content marketing isn’t just about creating content. A huge part of content marketing lies in...
Web Design 101: What Are Some Best Frameworks?
When we talk of web designs, it’s not always about aesthetics and putting pretty buttons...
How Does Reputation Play Into Determining Your SEO Ranking?
If you’re looking for ways to improve your approach to search engine optimization. You might...
What Are The Best Ways To Improve Instagram Engagement?
Improve Instagram engagement remains as one of the most popular social media networks out there,...
How Does Your Branding Affect Your Customer Experience?
When we think of branding, we usually imagine things such as new and fancy logos,...