Online shopping has been continuously paving the way towards many changes in the global consumer scene, and a lot of luxury brands are beginning to notice. Thanks to the popularity of apps, social media, and the internet at large, entire systems geared towards marketing brands have sprung up. We have search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing, and even web design, to name a few. However, more and more brands are starting to see a value in a social media-oriented thrust, and they’re looking into apps to use. In this article, we look at some examples of how these social media apps are used in the context of business. And maybe down the line, you can use your knowledge on this to make a more versatile company.
Luxury brands today remain on top of their game because of one thing: adaptability. Luxury brands and other brands, in general, like to use social media apps for the kind of convenience they provide when reaching to an audience. The social media apps featured below not only prove they brand like yours can pull off social media marketing, but that they can connect to their audiences.
- WeChat can be one market and all the markets at once: Perhaps the most interesting thing about WeChat is that it’s not solely for chatting, especially in Hong Kong. A ton of brands uses WeChat to do business, especially since it’s easy to use, very accessible, and popular amongst audiences. For a background, WeChat users can simply open the application, select a service they want in the form of a mini-application, and use the service for what they need. They can simply close the mini-app once they’re done, and they can move on with their lives. This makes almost any brand instantly accessible, and luxury brands have taken advantage of this opportunity.
- WeChat isn’t just a chat application. Given the fact that a ton of brands are making it easily accessible for users to get their products and services, you can get a lot of traction into your industry by just having a WeChat mini-application alone.
- Making a mini-app in WeChat isn’t just a matter of “just making your products available.” If you make an effort to make your brand’s WeChat mini-app also easily navigable by users, you can really have a user-base that will most likely always rely on what you have to offer to them.
- Weibo puts the accessibility of Twitter with the appeal of Instagram: Why have separate Twitter and Instagram apps when you can have all of them in one handy program? People can consider Weibo the equivalent of “Chinese Twitter” but it’s actually more than that. Companies use Weibo to leverage on viral content in the form of hashtags and public video “stores.” And, through the help of celebrities, these can jumpstart entire brands, products, services, and careers. Weibo has around 411-million monthly active users, which can be more than enough for huge businesses to generate profit from. And when you create a viral trend, then you might just rise to the top of the competition.
- Weibo is more or less a two-in-one application, capable of connecting users with one another not just through messages but also photographs. Not only that, this also allows brands to connect with their fans and audiences almost instantaneously. If you ride on a hot trend, your brand will most likely get famous as well.
- You can tap into influencers and get them to post about your product. This can likely be a fast way to get a lot of interested audiences fast without compromising budget for adjustments in your marketing campaigns. Plus, we all like getting more followers for our brands, right?
- You can also tap into this social media app if you want to jumpstart a trend. Instead of just riding a trend, you can think of starting one and check if people will want to ride along!
- Douyin puts brands and music together: Douyin, also known as Tik-Tok overseas, is an application that allows users to sing and dance to popular music, often through lip-syncing. Brands connect with Douyin users in the same manner, especially when brands want to get popular with the Generation Z (or below-24) demographic. Companies can get in better touch with the urban youth thanks to Douyin – they can do this through advertisements, content creators with sponsors, and other video-related content.
- Music is healthy for the soul – and apparently for business. If your brand relies on bands and other celebrities, you can also advertise your products and services with the help of these influential individuals. You can get a lot of traction, especially if these individuals have a lot of fans.
- If your market is predominantly Generation Z, you can get a lot of potential customers through Douyin. This is especially if you take the time and effort to actually try to get into the same trends they do.
- Through advertisements, you can also ensure your demographic that uses Douyin can see ads and other promotions of your brand that can entice them to avail your products and services.
- Red is your one-stop-shop for beauty products: The aforementioned apps above really focus on making services accessible, or brands accessible through entertainment. Red – or Little Red Book, or Xiaohongshu – takes this up a notch. Red is an e-commerce platform geared towards millennial shoppers that are into beauty brands. This means millennials with a knack for skincare and beauty can rely on Red to connect them to various cosmetics and skincare brands, with the app giving them a whole host of features such as user reviews. This gives users the ability to find all there is about a product before purchasing them, while at the same time gives ample exposure to beauty brands.
- Posting items for sale has been extremely easy with Red, especially thanks to its familiar interface you’d see with other buy-and-sell applications. This makes it quite accessible to virtually anyone.
- Active reviews and comments section can help you show people not just how authentic your products are, but you’re also concerned in explaining to them the intricacies of your products. This can be quite the attractive quality for brands, as they seem “more than just a logo” for people you reply and interact with.
- You can easily post more products and more services without that much of a hassle. If you have a new catalog of products you want to fiddle around with, especially in terms of testing in the market, you can use Red to add your
Branding And Social Media: More Than Just A Fad
With the above in mind, you’ll likely be able to get some tips and trucks from luxury brands on their approach to social media marketing. And just because some have begun using these social media apps don’t mean you can’t do it for your own company. Hopefully, the examples used in this article would be able to help you propel your business to success. And should you need a team of marketers in specific areas such as Hong Kong, then you can definitely find aid through groups like Pnetform Web Development.
Some essential tips to write SEO-Friendly Content
SEO has a lot of important practices that help to optimize your site according to...
What is HTTPS? Why do we need it for eCommerce?
What is HTTPS? What is the use of it? I believe that you are familiar...
Brutalist Web Design 2020
What is Brutalist web design? Brutalism originated from modern architecture in the 1950s. After the...
Famous Brand Websites Using WordPress
WordPress is Good for Web Design WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world....
Corporate Services Company Web Design Guide 2020
Corporate Services Company Website Design The sector of corporate services is highly competitive because most...
7 reasons to redesign the company website
Why does the company website matter? If you do business nowadays, you need a company...
The limitation of free website builder platform
Free website builder platform is good for newbies You like to have your own business,...
Top 10 Hong Kong web design company with best SEO
Good Web Design Supports SEO There are more than thousands of web design companies or...
Grow With Us Pnetform The Hong Kong Web Design Company
Web Design Agency Looking For Talented Partners Despite the economic plunge, there is huge demand...
Technology Voucher Programme (TVP) enhanced in Budget 2020-21
Significant enhancement of TVP in Budget 2020/21 Starting from April 1st, 2020, there will be...
Why you need a Hong Kong web design company for the local market
Hong Kong web design is just different Hong Kong is a very special place catching...
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: What Makes It Different?
While digital marketing in Hong Kong seems to be the same as with its other...
Web Design 101: How Can Good Web Design Boost Growth?
When we talk of web design, it’s not just fancy and artsy graphics – it...
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: An Insider’s View
When we talk of digital marketing in Hong Kong, a lot of people immediately look...
Content Marketing 101: Why Your Business Should Focus On Content Marketing
A lot of people think content marketing is just about writing content. Technically speaking, this...
Branding 101: Why Your Company Needs A Great Logo
When we talk of a logo for branding, we immediately think of a “striking” logo....
Web Development In Hong Kong: Important Cost Estimates For A Website
Hong Kong can be considered one of the best places to build a business, precisely...
How To Use Effective Blogging For Business
Blogging is nowhere near dead – and content writing in Hong Kong is not gone....
The Best E-Commerce Platforms For Your Website
E-Commerce can be quite the lucrative marketing and sales platform, thanks to its potential to...
YMCA Let Me Fly Project 2019
Let me fly Internship Programme 2019 pnetform is happy to participate in the Let Me...
Top 5 Chinese Search Engines You Need to Care About
If you want to invest in entering the Hong Kong market, you need to understand...
10 Creative Graphic Design Tips for Social Media
Graphic styles that cater to Western audience will vary greatly for graphics you want to...
The Ultimate Guide to Online Branding and Building Authority Part 1 – Blogging
When you establish your brand effectively, not only will you become memorable but also recognizable...
5 Proven Ways To Build A Powerful Brand For Your Business
Branding can perhaps be the most challenging aspect of building your company and for good...
Email marketing trends to survive in mid-year 2019
When we think of marketing, email marketing doesn’t always come to mind. Why use email...
How Luxury Brands Impact Hong Kong’s Online Shoppers With 4 Social Media Apps
Online shopping has been continuously paving the way towards many changes in the global consumer...
Can You Use SEO In Hong Kong To Promote Your Website?
A website can make a huge difference in your branding efforts, especially if you want...
In Today’s Busy Hong Kong Market, What ECommerce Platform Should You Use?
In Today’s Busy Hong Kong Market, What ECommerce Platform Should You Use? There’s no denying...
Web Design And Front-End Development: How It Ties To Profit And Branding
Web design in Hong Kong can do a lot of wonders to any website...
Why Local Business In 2019 Definitely Need A Website
Businesses in today’s day and age need all the traction they can get to attract...
Top 9 Tips To Create Stellar SEO Content This 2019
If you want to “get into SEO,” you might have heard the phrase “content is...
2019 Web design cost in Hong Kong – pnetform Technology
Web design cost in Hong Kong 2019 When we talk about designing and developing a...
Content Marketing Predictions For 2019 And Beyond
A lot of business owners and marketers will likely consider the recent years as groundbreaking...
5 Ways To Tweak Your Google Business Profile For Foot Traffic
A Google Business Profile can ensure everyone gets to reach you wherever and whenever they...
4 Digital Marketing Strategies You Should Know For Local Reach
When we talk of effective digital marketing strategies, we don’t just want catchy videos and...
Old Website Content Won’t Cut It: Why And How Updating Your Content Works
A lot of digital marketers want to have reliable content writers and creators on their...
Microsoft Chromium Edge Is Here: What It Means For Front-End Developers
If you’ve ever been in the “know-how” of website development, you’ve probably heard of Microsoft...
Link Building And The Reason It Matters To SEO
A lot of people tend to forget that link building remains perhaps the most integral...
Taobao Rising As The Number One E-commerce Platform in Hong Kong?
If you’re looking for something to buy online in hong kong ecommerce, you’d likely look at...
SEO In Hong Kong: How Should You Do It?
Going local for your business isn’t an easy decision, regardless if you’re doing this from...
Get That Web Development Edge With These 2019 Trends
We’re only a quarter in 2019, but a lot of things have already happened in...
Digital Marketing 101: 10 Basic Strategies You’re Ignoring
When we think of “effective digital marketing strategies,” we often think of complex plans that...
Third anniversary of pnetform Technology
3rd anniversary of Hong Kong web design company pnetform pnetform Technology Company Limited was founded...
How To Get Search Engine Optimization To Work For You
Search engine optimization (SEO) remains an extremely integral part of any digital marketing strategy –...
Want To Find The Best Web Design Company In Hong Kong? Follow These Steps!
If your brand needs a new look, you’ll most likely want to push for a...
5 Advanced Content Promotion Strategies You Need To Check Out
Content marketing isn’t just about creating content. A huge part of content marketing lies in...
Web Design 101: What Are Some Best Frameworks?
When we talk of web designs, it’s not always about aesthetics and putting pretty buttons...
How Does Reputation Play Into Determining Your SEO Ranking?
If you’re looking for ways to improve your approach to search engine optimization. You might...
What Are The Best Ways To Improve Instagram Engagement?
Improve Instagram engagement remains as one of the most popular social media networks out there,...
How Does Your Branding Affect Your Customer Experience?
When we think of branding, we usually imagine things such as new and fancy logos,...