When we own companies and manage brands, we see good website development as a way to make a mark in our niches. This makes sense, as after all web optimization not only leads to good website speed, but better accessibility to the market. That’s why a lot of thought comes into planning digital marketing strategies. However, a lot of business owners just stop at making a website. What a lot don’t realize is that knowing how much your website worth is can help you make it more profitable and optimized.
- The Easy Way In: The Quick Estimates
- What Determines Your Site Cost?
- It Helps To Know Your Site’s Worth
The Easy Way In: The Quick Estimates
A lot of websites owners may simply rely on website costs from various web development agencies and leave everything at that. However, if you want a more detailed look into your potential web development expenses, you might want to check out some website building estimates:
- Small business websites, which generally need little customization, cost around $2,000 to $8,000. This gives you a basic information website with some stock photos. This merely allows customers to access your company or brand.
- Medium-sized websites, which have a built-in content management system and a few custom layouts, can cost $10,000 to $25,000. This allows website owners to enjoy unique functionalities and custom images.
- Large websites, which have robust customization features and images, can cost from $25,000 to $40,000. These generally have custom layouts, a couple hundred pages, and functionalities such as multimedia creation, blogs, and more.
- Ecommerce websites, which allow you to buy and sell products, can cost as little as $5,000 to as much as $40,000. This depends on the functions you want to be found in your site.
Wait, so why do business websites cost differently?
What Determines Your Site Cost?
As mentioned above, identifying your website’s cost has a lot more to do than just plugging in numbers in various formulas. You may need to take various factors into account before gauging your site’s worth properly. Here are some elements:
Essential website parts
When you create a website, you need to remember that you have to secure some essentials for your site to work. These are unavoidable expenses, as you need them to get everything up and running. These include:
- Choose a domain name. Your domain name, as you may know, is the web address people type to get to your website. Domain names usually cost $10 to $20, and can cost as much as $300 annually for very customized extensions. These have to be renewed annually, or can be paid many years in advance.
- Get your SSL certificate. SSL, also known as a secure socket layer, helps encrypt various forms of data within your website. It’s SSL that helps protect personal information and credit card information within your website. If you’re running an ecommerce website, you’ll need this. These can cost $10 to $1,000 every month. Like domain names, you pay for this annually. However, some certificates can be paid for annually.
- Secure web hosting. You can purchase a domain name, but you need a place for the name to “lead” to. This is where web hosts come in. Companies can offer various forms of hosting options, depending on your site’s features. However, some may cost as low as $10 to as high as $99 every month. Some hosts offer monthly or annual plans.
Secure your features
It helps to feature your website’s various features in order to give it a bit of flair or sophistication. These features can include:
- Install a content management system. A CMS allows you to display various forms of media in your website. Articles, videos, pictures, and texts need to be displayed through a CMS. The cost to run a CMS in your site may be as much as thousands of dollars, and you have to pay for them depending on your CMS’ payment plans.
- Built-in ecommerce systems. Some websites have built-in ecommerce systems, but these are either constructed from scratch or provided by certain services. These can cost thousands of dollars, and may have to be paid for depending on your agreement with the service provider. This at least ensures you can have a secure way of providing your services to your clients.
Plan your website design
Another huge factor that may determine your website cost is your website design. You need to not only make your site aesthetically “pretty,” but also functional. Here is some stuff you’ll need:
- Website theme. Your website theme act like your website’s clothes. Unlike manually programming your website’s appearance, themes can change both your site’s appearance and functionalities. A lot of public themes are for free, with more sophisticated ones costing as low as $10 to as high as $100. You will likely need to pay for a theme only once, and you’ll need to pay much higher for customized themes. Do be advised that you’ll likely have to change your themes every now and then to make sure your appearance doesn’t become stale.
- Responsive web design. When we say “responsive web design,” this doesn’t just mean a website that responds to your clicks. Rather, this is a website that responds according to your needs, especially your platform. Your website needs to be able to adjust properly regardless of your device, be it a laptop, a tablet, or a mobile phone.
Engage with digital marketing
Your website won’t be functioning by pure aesthetics alone. You need to be able to ensure that your website is equipped for your online marketing needs. This can be done in a variety of ways:
- Search engine optimization. One of the most important aspects of digital marketing you need to remember will be SEO. It’s very integral to making sure your other website elements fly and work well with one another. In fact, SEO services can cost from $3,000 to $9,000, with additionally monthly maintenance that can cost as high as $500 monthly. Unfortunately, SEO is a lasting endeavor, which means you need to invest in the right tools and the right team for your needs.
- Advertising. When you want to make your website profitable, you’ve got to start relying on pay-per-click advertising as well. These normally come in the form of clickable advertisements in places like the banners and footers of various websites. Not only that, but they can be found in search engines and even in video streaming sites. These PPC ads will cost you depending on how often they’ve been clicked. Costs will also increase depending on how competitive your particular niche is, and how often you want these ads to be seen.
- Content marketing. Another important aspect of website creation you need to remember is its maintenance, and a lot of it banks on content marketing and copywriting. Your website needs a constant stream of content to be able to rank in search engines, and good writers are hard to come by. Strong copywriters and content marketers can create engaging content that users will engage with, and may even lead to conversions.
Maintenance and management
You need to be able to zero in on costs in your website management and maintenance as well. Having a list of management needs with you at all times ensures your website will be delivering the kind of output and returns you need. Considerations include:
- Analytics tools. You need the right numbers if you want to be able to adjust your website’s various features to recent trends and mishaps. There are various analytics tools available for your needs, and their costs may vary depending on how sophisticated the analytics you need will be. You’ll normally pay for every month, unless the service provider has special promos.
- Maintenance providers. Your website development team may be exactly the ones that can manage your website, and even be in charge of updating it. The costs of having a management team differ on the kind of tasks you’ll have for them, and they often have very flexible deals.
It Helps To Know Your Site’s Worth
When you’re tackling web development for your website, don’t forget to focus on website optimization. This not only helps with increasing your site’s potential to make good returns, but also sets you up in the long-term. Our team at Pnetform web development also takes this into account when making clients websites. The ideal goal here isn’t just to make a “working” website. Rather, we want to make sure your website is set up to function and be profitable for a prolonged period of time.
Some essential tips to write SEO-Friendly Content
SEO has a lot of important practices that help to optimize your site according to...
What is HTTPS? Why do we need it for eCommerce?
What is HTTPS? What is the use of it? I believe that you are familiar...
Brutalist Web Design 2020
What is Brutalist web design? Brutalism originated from modern architecture in the 1950s. After the...
Famous Brand Websites Using WordPress
WordPress is Good for Web Design WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world....
Corporate Services Company Web Design Guide 2020
Corporate Services Company Website Design The sector of corporate services is highly competitive because most...
7 reasons to redesign the company website
Why does the company website matter? If you do business nowadays, you need a company...
The limitation of free website builder platform
Free website builder platform is good for newbies You like to have your own business,...
Top 10 Hong Kong web design company with best SEO
Good Web Design Supports SEO There are more than thousands of web design companies or...
Grow With Us Pnetform The Hong Kong Web Design Company
Web Design Agency Looking For Talented Partners Despite the economic plunge, there is huge demand...
Technology Voucher Programme (TVP) enhanced in Budget 2020-21
Significant enhancement of TVP in Budget 2020/21 Starting from April 1st, 2020, there will be...
Why you need a Hong Kong web design company for the local market
Hong Kong web design is just different Hong Kong is a very special place catching...
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: What Makes It Different?
While digital marketing in Hong Kong seems to be the same as with its other...
Web Design 101: How Can Good Web Design Boost Growth?
When we talk of web design, it’s not just fancy and artsy graphics – it...
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: An Insider’s View
When we talk of digital marketing in Hong Kong, a lot of people immediately look...
Content Marketing 101: Why Your Business Should Focus On Content Marketing
A lot of people think content marketing is just about writing content. Technically speaking, this...
Branding 101: Why Your Company Needs A Great Logo
When we talk of a logo for branding, we immediately think of a “striking” logo....
Web Development In Hong Kong: Important Cost Estimates For A Website
Hong Kong can be considered one of the best places to build a business, precisely...
How To Use Effective Blogging For Business
Blogging is nowhere near dead – and content writing in Hong Kong is not gone....
The Best E-Commerce Platforms For Your Website
E-Commerce can be quite the lucrative marketing and sales platform, thanks to its potential to...
YMCA Let Me Fly Project 2019
Let me fly Internship Programme 2019 pnetform is happy to participate in the Let Me...
Top 5 Chinese Search Engines You Need to Care About
If you want to invest in entering the Hong Kong market, you need to understand...
10 Creative Graphic Design Tips for Social Media
Graphic styles that cater to Western audience will vary greatly for graphics you want to...
The Ultimate Guide to Online Branding and Building Authority Part 1 – Blogging
When you establish your brand effectively, not only will you become memorable but also recognizable...
5 Proven Ways To Build A Powerful Brand For Your Business
Branding can perhaps be the most challenging aspect of building your company and for good...
Email marketing trends to survive in mid-year 2019
When we think of marketing, email marketing doesn’t always come to mind. Why use email...
How Luxury Brands Impact Hong Kong’s Online Shoppers With 4 Social Media Apps
Online shopping has been continuously paving the way towards many changes in the global consumer...
Can You Use SEO In Hong Kong To Promote Your Website?
A website can make a huge difference in your branding efforts, especially if you want...
In Today’s Busy Hong Kong Market, What ECommerce Platform Should You Use?
In Today’s Busy Hong Kong Market, What ECommerce Platform Should You Use? There’s no denying...
Web Design And Front-End Development: How It Ties To Profit And Branding
Web design in Hong Kong can do a lot of wonders to any website...
Why Local Business In 2019 Definitely Need A Website
Businesses in today’s day and age need all the traction they can get to attract...
Top 9 Tips To Create Stellar SEO Content This 2019
If you want to “get into SEO,” you might have heard the phrase “content is...
2019 Web design cost in Hong Kong – pnetform Technology
Web design cost in Hong Kong 2019 When we talk about designing and developing a...
Content Marketing Predictions For 2019 And Beyond
A lot of business owners and marketers will likely consider the recent years as groundbreaking...
5 Ways To Tweak Your Google Business Profile For Foot Traffic
A Google Business Profile can ensure everyone gets to reach you wherever and whenever they...
4 Digital Marketing Strategies You Should Know For Local Reach
When we talk of effective digital marketing strategies, we don’t just want catchy videos and...
Old Website Content Won’t Cut It: Why And How Updating Your Content Works
A lot of digital marketers want to have reliable content writers and creators on their...
Microsoft Chromium Edge Is Here: What It Means For Front-End Developers
If you’ve ever been in the “know-how” of website development, you’ve probably heard of Microsoft...
Link Building And The Reason It Matters To SEO
A lot of people tend to forget that link building remains perhaps the most integral...
Taobao Rising As The Number One E-commerce Platform in Hong Kong?
If you’re looking for something to buy online in hong kong ecommerce, you’d likely look at...
SEO In Hong Kong: How Should You Do It?
Going local for your business isn’t an easy decision, regardless if you’re doing this from...
Get That Web Development Edge With These 2019 Trends
We’re only a quarter in 2019, but a lot of things have already happened in...
Digital Marketing 101: 10 Basic Strategies You’re Ignoring
When we think of “effective digital marketing strategies,” we often think of complex plans that...
Third anniversary of pnetform Technology
3rd anniversary of Hong Kong web design company pnetform pnetform Technology Company Limited was founded...
How To Get Search Engine Optimization To Work For You
Search engine optimization (SEO) remains an extremely integral part of any digital marketing strategy –...
Want To Find The Best Web Design Company In Hong Kong? Follow These Steps!
If your brand needs a new look, you’ll most likely want to push for a...
5 Advanced Content Promotion Strategies You Need To Check Out
Content marketing isn’t just about creating content. A huge part of content marketing lies in...
Web Design 101: What Are Some Best Frameworks?
When we talk of web designs, it’s not always about aesthetics and putting pretty buttons...
How Does Reputation Play Into Determining Your SEO Ranking?
If you’re looking for ways to improve your approach to search engine optimization. You might...
What Are The Best Ways To Improve Instagram Engagement?
Improve Instagram engagement remains as one of the most popular social media networks out there,...
How Does Your Branding Affect Your Customer Experience?
When we think of branding, we usually imagine things such as new and fancy logos,...