A website serves as the representation of your “digital identity.” Whether you have a website for your personal use or to promote your company’s brands and services, a website with good web design definitely helps propel your branding. This is important, especially in today’s times where successful digital marketing can make or break your presence. If you have a website development team in tow, or if you’re look into web designing tips, this article will get you up to speed.
Flavors To Get You By: Important Website Development & Elements You Shouldn’t Forget
Web designing is no easy feat, especially given the wealth of options available at your disposal. However, using the right tools at the right place and at the right time can definitely give you the kind of traffic and conversions you’ll need for your marketing campaign’s success. Here are some elements you should consider:
Simple is always good for aesthetics:
When you think of a “good” web design, you’ll likely think of awesome aesthetics with a lot of fancy effects, right? Interestingly, a lot of websites nowadays actually rely on rather simple and minimalist layouts. This isn’t a matter of following a “trend,” but rather a practical way of showcasing your brand’s offerings in a way that maintains a viewer’s attention. Here are some ways to do this:
- Make use of white spaces. These spaces serve as “breaks” for your readers when they read. Try to make sure these spaces also lead them to parts of the website you need their eyes to look into. In speaking of,
- Use contrasting colors to emphasize relevant parts of your website. Calls-to-actions, places of attention, and relevant aspects of your services and products should be highlighted.
- Try to have a “map” of how you want your viewers to look at your website. Which elements should be looked into first? Try to seamlessly direct your audience’s eyes across this “pattern” through white spaces and emphasis using colors, and fonts.
Efficient keyword placement makes it easy to find you:
One of the best ways your website can gain traction from both search engines and viewers is through efficient keyword placement. “Placement” in this case doesn’t mean stuffing keywords everywhere. Rather, it’s to place them where they count. Here are some ways to achieve this:
- Research keywords that aren’t just ranking in your niche, but those other people don’t tap into. These usually come in the form of long-tail keywords, or keywords that come as long phrases. Try to take note of these.
- When you’re making content based on keywords, take note of what your competition isn’t using, instead of what they’re using to rank. Competing with an extremely famous member of your industry will likely end up with you being ignored by readers.
- Don’t dump keywords everywhere. Rather, make sure you use your keywords as naturally as possible.
Links matter, especially with other relevant websites:
Links are extremely important, especially when it comes to establishing your place in your niche. When both search engines and viewers see that you link back to relevant people in your niche – and vice versa, you’ll likely be considered someone they can trust. Here are other ways to do this:
- Cite sources when you have to, and make sure your sources are actually reliable people in your niche. Use do-follow links to sites that rank high, and no-follow to sites you’re crediting but not sure of their value as links.
- Try to establish relationships with other websites. Tap into guest posting opportunities so other websites can link back to you. Establishing good links through these relationships can greatly expand your audience, thanks to the exposure your content will have in another person’s site.
Fresh and regular content can increase your relevance
Content remains an integral part of good website design, as content always keeps your website fresh and updated. This doesn’t mean you should just post whatever content you want, though. Here are other things to consider:
- When you make content, don’t forget to make sure your content is created not “for the sake of it.” Rather, make content you know is timely and will be used by your readers in your niche.
- Try to tap into social media when making content. Don’t just rehash your content for social media. Rather, find ways to make sure your content in one platform can be integrated and related to content in another. This establishes continuity among your various releases.
Compatibility across all aspects helps:
If you’ve read a couple of tips on designing websites, you’ll likely have heard of making sure your website is compatible with all sorts of devices. This doesn’t stop there, though. Here are other things you should consider:
- When making sure your site is compatible with mobile devices, make sure they’re compatible not just with smartphones, but laptops, and tablets as well. Try to consider various screen sizes and adjust your layout accordingly.
- Consider the way your elements interact with every iteration of your design. When elements such as images and graphics take too long to load, remember that you’re risking losing your viewers.
- Try to optimize the way your elements are organized and uploaded into the website. If there’s a way to condense your images or shorten your code, the better as this drastically reduces loading time.
Website Development & Elements: Good Harmony Is Key To Good Branding
The best approach to web development always comes to what works best for your needs. As such, good web design isn’t about integrating all the above into your website. Rather, it’s making sure your web designing needs are adjusted according to your brand’s objectives and goals. Take careful note of the above elements, and make sure to mix and match these to maximize your site’s appeal to your audience.
Some essential tips to write SEO-Friendly Content
SEO has a lot of important practices that help to optimize your site according to...
What is HTTPS? Why do we need it for eCommerce?
What is HTTPS? What is the use of it? I believe that you are familiar...
Brutalist Web Design 2020
What is Brutalist web design? Brutalism originated from modern architecture in the 1950s. After the...
Famous Brand Websites Using WordPress
WordPress is Good for Web Design WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world....
Corporate Services Company Web Design Guide 2020
Corporate Services Company Website Design The sector of corporate services is highly competitive because most...
7 reasons to redesign the company website
Why does the company website matter? If you do business nowadays, you need a company...
The limitation of free website builder platform
Free website builder platform is good for newbies You like to have your own business,...
Top 10 Hong Kong web design company with best SEO
Good Web Design Supports SEO There are more than thousands of web design companies or...
Grow With Us Pnetform The Hong Kong Web Design Company
Web Design Agency Looking For Talented Partners Despite the economic plunge, there is huge demand...
Technology Voucher Programme (TVP) enhanced in Budget 2020-21
Significant enhancement of TVP in Budget 2020/21 Starting from April 1st, 2020, there will be...
Why you need a Hong Kong web design company for the local market
Hong Kong web design is just different Hong Kong is a very special place catching...
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: What Makes It Different?
While digital marketing in Hong Kong seems to be the same as with its other...
Web Design 101: How Can Good Web Design Boost Growth?
When we talk of web design, it’s not just fancy and artsy graphics – it...
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: An Insider’s View
When we talk of digital marketing in Hong Kong, a lot of people immediately look...
Content Marketing 101: Why Your Business Should Focus On Content Marketing
A lot of people think content marketing is just about writing content. Technically speaking, this...
Branding 101: Why Your Company Needs A Great Logo
When we talk of a logo for branding, we immediately think of a “striking” logo....
Web Development In Hong Kong: Important Cost Estimates For A Website
Hong Kong can be considered one of the best places to build a business, precisely...
How To Use Effective Blogging For Business
Blogging is nowhere near dead – and content writing in Hong Kong is not gone....
The Best E-Commerce Platforms For Your Website
E-Commerce can be quite the lucrative marketing and sales platform, thanks to its potential to...
YMCA Let Me Fly Project 2019
Let me fly Internship Programme 2019 pnetform is happy to participate in the Let Me...
Top 5 Chinese Search Engines You Need to Care About
If you want to invest in entering the Hong Kong market, you need to understand...
10 Creative Graphic Design Tips for Social Media
Graphic styles that cater to Western audience will vary greatly for graphics you want to...
The Ultimate Guide to Online Branding and Building Authority Part 1 – Blogging
When you establish your brand effectively, not only will you become memorable but also recognizable...
5 Proven Ways To Build A Powerful Brand For Your Business
Branding can perhaps be the most challenging aspect of building your company and for good...
Email marketing trends to survive in mid-year 2019
When we think of marketing, email marketing doesn’t always come to mind. Why use email...
How Luxury Brands Impact Hong Kong’s Online Shoppers With 4 Social Media Apps
Online shopping has been continuously paving the way towards many changes in the global consumer...
Can You Use SEO In Hong Kong To Promote Your Website?
A website can make a huge difference in your branding efforts, especially if you want...
In Today’s Busy Hong Kong Market, What ECommerce Platform Should You Use?
In Today’s Busy Hong Kong Market, What ECommerce Platform Should You Use? There’s no denying...
Web Design And Front-End Development: How It Ties To Profit And Branding
Web design in Hong Kong can do a lot of wonders to any website...
Why Local Business In 2019 Definitely Need A Website
Businesses in today’s day and age need all the traction they can get to attract...
Top 9 Tips To Create Stellar SEO Content This 2019
If you want to “get into SEO,” you might have heard the phrase “content is...
2019 Web design cost in Hong Kong – pnetform Technology
Web design cost in Hong Kong 2019 When we talk about designing and developing a...
Content Marketing Predictions For 2019 And Beyond
A lot of business owners and marketers will likely consider the recent years as groundbreaking...
5 Ways To Tweak Your Google Business Profile For Foot Traffic
A Google Business Profile can ensure everyone gets to reach you wherever and whenever they...
4 Digital Marketing Strategies You Should Know For Local Reach
When we talk of effective digital marketing strategies, we don’t just want catchy videos and...
Old Website Content Won’t Cut It: Why And How Updating Your Content Works
A lot of digital marketers want to have reliable content writers and creators on their...
Microsoft Chromium Edge Is Here: What It Means For Front-End Developers
If you’ve ever been in the “know-how” of website development, you’ve probably heard of Microsoft...
Link Building And The Reason It Matters To SEO
A lot of people tend to forget that link building remains perhaps the most integral...
Taobao Rising As The Number One E-commerce Platform in Hong Kong?
If you’re looking for something to buy online in hong kong ecommerce, you’d likely look at...
SEO In Hong Kong: How Should You Do It?
Going local for your business isn’t an easy decision, regardless if you’re doing this from...
Get That Web Development Edge With These 2019 Trends
We’re only a quarter in 2019, but a lot of things have already happened in...
Digital Marketing 101: 10 Basic Strategies You’re Ignoring
When we think of “effective digital marketing strategies,” we often think of complex plans that...
Third anniversary of pnetform Technology
3rd anniversary of Hong Kong web design company pnetform pnetform Technology Company Limited was founded...
How To Get Search Engine Optimization To Work For You
Search engine optimization (SEO) remains an extremely integral part of any digital marketing strategy –...
Want To Find The Best Web Design Company In Hong Kong? Follow These Steps!
If your brand needs a new look, you’ll most likely want to push for a...
5 Advanced Content Promotion Strategies You Need To Check Out
Content marketing isn’t just about creating content. A huge part of content marketing lies in...
Web Design 101: What Are Some Best Frameworks?
When we talk of web designs, it’s not always about aesthetics and putting pretty buttons...
How Does Reputation Play Into Determining Your SEO Ranking?
If you’re looking for ways to improve your approach to search engine optimization. You might...
What Are The Best Ways To Improve Instagram Engagement?
Improve Instagram engagement remains as one of the most popular social media networks out there,...
How Does Your Branding Affect Your Customer Experience?
When we think of branding, we usually imagine things such as new and fancy logos,...