Search engine optimization, or SEO, has a lot to do with the success of your business website. Ideally, if you follow good website SEO, you should be attracting good traffic and converting leads. However, the nature of SEO as an investment makes it tricky to determine whether the lack of traction now is just your website biding its time or a sign of an inefficient SEO ranking strategy. If you’re not getting the returns you need, you probably should zero in on why your website has a poor SEO ranking.
Poor Website SEO Ranking: Getting To The Root Of The Problem
- What’s The Next Step?
- SEO Ranking: Check Why It’s Low ASAP
Poor Website SEO Ranking: Getting To The Root Of The Problem
It’s important to remember that it’s not just SEO that helps bring traction to your site. It’s actually good SEO that makes your site profitable. Likewise, a poor SEO ranking can put your site in an unpleasant place. As such, it helps to actually identify what might jeopardize your site. Here are some points you should check:
Your website might be new
When people try optimizing their website for SEO, some think their business websites will instantly rank. This isn’t always the case, especially if it’s new. Sometimes, being ranked for specific keywords can take weeks, or even months.
- The best first step is to check if you’ve been indexed in the first place. You can do this by typing “site: [yoursite.com]” to see all the pages in your site that have been indexed.
- Google normally finds these on its own, but you can also manually submit your website for review.
You might have poor optimization
One deadly mistake for digital marketers is the lack of optimization, especially for SEO. When you want your website to have good SEO rankings, you’ve got to make sure your site is optimized.
- This doesn’t just apply to richer, well-coded scripts. Rather, this applies to making sure file sizes are as compressed as possible, and if your website supports mobile viewing.
- A lot don’t realize that Google takes it as a huge deal breaker if a website isn’t fit for mobile viewing.
You might be targeting short tail but high-volume keywords
You can’t shine in a crowd if you’re all wearing the same outfit. While short, high-volume keywords have become extremely popular before, these kinds of keywords may be over saturating today’s market.
- Indeed, having keywords of different sorts will help. However, try to focus on specific keywords that precisely fit your niche, industry, and specialization.
- This allows you to appear more unique than the competition, especially in the eyes of search engines.
Your website lacks rich content
If your content is “thin,” you might be in big trouble. Google finds websites attractive when they release “rich” content. This means content has to be informative, entertaining, and relevant for consumers.
- When you make content for your website, don’t just focus on getting visitors. Sometimes, we get too drowned in the idea that more visitors is good. This isn’t always the case.
- When you have a lot of visitors but none of them want to avail your service, something might be wrong with your SEO approach.
Your website might be hard to navigate
There’s a reason why webmasters often advise companies and brands to fix their user experience and user interfaces when introducing products. The same applies for SEO.
- If your website is hard to navigate, and if content is hard to find, your users might not visit your website at all. This is why both function and form appeal to users.
- See if your website’s headings, interfaces, and navigation bar can easily access sections of your website with content. Your website can’t be just beautiful; it has to be useful.
- Likewise, your website with the “best content” won’t have much use if said content isn’t read.
Your website lacks proper on-page SEO
A lot of people say on-page SEO greatly helps increase your site’s rankings. This is because on-page SEO is proof that your website is optimized to give your audiences the best experience possible.
- You know your website lacks good on-page SEO when you find it hard to search for content, or if you don’t find it entertaining to read their pieces.
- Are keywords scattered aimlessly and do they fill up articles? Are there alt image tags, headings, and title tags in images?
Your website lacks traction on its niche
One of the reasons your website might be struggling in terms of SEO rankings is its presence itself. If you haven’t gotten a way to increase your traction in other channels like social media, you’ll experience double the challenge in terms of ranking.
- If your website’s content isn’t shared in your social networks, or if your site’s content isn’t worthy of posting in other blogs, you might be in big trouble in terms of your rankings.
What’s The Next Step?
If the points above match some of your predicaments, it may help formulating a stronger SEO strategy. However, you first need to rectify the problem at hand. According to Moz, you may want to correlate some problems with a few starting solutions:
- Technical and on-page issues may get a fix after being re-indexed: Sometimes, technical blunders in your SEO might be resolved with a new crawl and index. This generally happens within a few weeks, or more if you have a lot of pages for Google to check.
- Spam penalty and link issues might take months to resolve: If you’ve managed to repair bad links and spam problems, it might take months or even years to fix. This depends mostly on Google’s algorithm, and especially if new roll-outs take your changes into account.
- Fixing pages in a problematic section may not show immediate results: If you’ve figured out a problematic section, it helps to fix some of its pages. However, you can’t just expect results overnight. Even if some pages have shown good performance, the entire section itself might not gain traction. If such is the case, you might want to replace them entirely.
- Sometimes it’s better to replace than to upgrade: If you’ve experienced consistent low rankings even after fixing a few pages, you may want to replace pages entirely. This means it might help if you redirect pages to newer versions, and adopt a new UI accordingly. This “refreshes” Google’s crawlers, and gives them something new to see.
SEO Ranking: Check Why It’s Low ASAP
It’s true that SEO ranking has a lot to do with how much you invest in website SEO, especially during the web development process. However, it’s also wise to be vigilant with the way your business website performs as soon as it’s launched and with every update you release. When you notice drops in your SEO ranking, you need to see if any of the above points are happening so you can find ways to form remedies and adjustments to deal with them immediately. If you want someone to do a more detailed check on your website SEO ranking, our team at Pnetform web development can do it for you.
Some essential tips to write SEO-Friendly Content
SEO has a lot of important practices that help to optimize your site according to...
What is HTTPS? Why do we need it for eCommerce?
What is HTTPS? What is the use of it? I believe that you are familiar...
Brutalist Web Design 2020
What is Brutalist web design? Brutalism originated from modern architecture in the 1950s. After the...
Famous Brand Websites Using WordPress
WordPress is Good for Web Design WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world....
Corporate Services Company Web Design Guide 2020
Corporate Services Company Website Design The sector of corporate services is highly competitive because most...
7 reasons to redesign the company website
Why does the company website matter? If you do business nowadays, you need a company...
The limitation of free website builder platform
Free website builder platform is good for newbies You like to have your own business,...
Top 10 Hong Kong web design company with best SEO
Good Web Design Supports SEO There are more than thousands of web design companies or...
Grow With Us Pnetform The Hong Kong Web Design Company
Web Design Agency Looking For Talented Partners Despite the economic plunge, there is huge demand...
Technology Voucher Programme (TVP) enhanced in Budget 2020-21
Significant enhancement of TVP in Budget 2020/21 Starting from April 1st, 2020, there will be...
Why you need a Hong Kong web design company for the local market
Hong Kong web design is just different Hong Kong is a very special place catching...
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: What Makes It Different?
While digital marketing in Hong Kong seems to be the same as with its other...
Web Design 101: How Can Good Web Design Boost Growth?
When we talk of web design, it’s not just fancy and artsy graphics – it...
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: An Insider’s View
When we talk of digital marketing in Hong Kong, a lot of people immediately look...
Content Marketing 101: Why Your Business Should Focus On Content Marketing
A lot of people think content marketing is just about writing content. Technically speaking, this...
Branding 101: Why Your Company Needs A Great Logo
When we talk of a logo for branding, we immediately think of a “striking” logo....
Web Development In Hong Kong: Important Cost Estimates For A Website
Hong Kong can be considered one of the best places to build a business, precisely...
How To Use Effective Blogging For Business
Blogging is nowhere near dead – and content writing in Hong Kong is not gone....
The Best E-Commerce Platforms For Your Website
E-Commerce can be quite the lucrative marketing and sales platform, thanks to its potential to...
YMCA Let Me Fly Project 2019
Let me fly Internship Programme 2019 pnetform is happy to participate in the Let Me...
Top 5 Chinese Search Engines You Need to Care About
If you want to invest in entering the Hong Kong market, you need to understand...
10 Creative Graphic Design Tips for Social Media
Graphic styles that cater to Western audience will vary greatly for graphics you want to...
The Ultimate Guide to Online Branding and Building Authority Part 1 – Blogging
When you establish your brand effectively, not only will you become memorable but also recognizable...
5 Proven Ways To Build A Powerful Brand For Your Business
Branding can perhaps be the most challenging aspect of building your company and for good...
Email marketing trends to survive in mid-year 2019
When we think of marketing, email marketing doesn’t always come to mind. Why use email...
How Luxury Brands Impact Hong Kong’s Online Shoppers With 4 Social Media Apps
Online shopping has been continuously paving the way towards many changes in the global consumer...
Can You Use SEO In Hong Kong To Promote Your Website?
A website can make a huge difference in your branding efforts, especially if you want...
In Today’s Busy Hong Kong Market, What ECommerce Platform Should You Use?
In Today’s Busy Hong Kong Market, What ECommerce Platform Should You Use? There’s no denying...
Web Design And Front-End Development: How It Ties To Profit And Branding
Web design in Hong Kong can do a lot of wonders to any website...
Why Local Business In 2019 Definitely Need A Website
Businesses in today’s day and age need all the traction they can get to attract...
Top 9 Tips To Create Stellar SEO Content This 2019
If you want to “get into SEO,” you might have heard the phrase “content is...
2019 Web design cost in Hong Kong – pnetform Technology
Web design cost in Hong Kong 2019 When we talk about designing and developing a...
Content Marketing Predictions For 2019 And Beyond
A lot of business owners and marketers will likely consider the recent years as groundbreaking...
5 Ways To Tweak Your Google Business Profile For Foot Traffic
A Google Business Profile can ensure everyone gets to reach you wherever and whenever they...
4 Digital Marketing Strategies You Should Know For Local Reach
When we talk of effective digital marketing strategies, we don’t just want catchy videos and...
Old Website Content Won’t Cut It: Why And How Updating Your Content Works
A lot of digital marketers want to have reliable content writers and creators on their...
Microsoft Chromium Edge Is Here: What It Means For Front-End Developers
If you’ve ever been in the “know-how” of website development, you’ve probably heard of Microsoft...
Link Building And The Reason It Matters To SEO
A lot of people tend to forget that link building remains perhaps the most integral...
Taobao Rising As The Number One E-commerce Platform in Hong Kong?
If you’re looking for something to buy online in hong kong ecommerce, you’d likely look at...
SEO In Hong Kong: How Should You Do It?
Going local for your business isn’t an easy decision, regardless if you’re doing this from...
Get That Web Development Edge With These 2019 Trends
We’re only a quarter in 2019, but a lot of things have already happened in...
Digital Marketing 101: 10 Basic Strategies You’re Ignoring
When we think of “effective digital marketing strategies,” we often think of complex plans that...
Third anniversary of pnetform Technology
3rd anniversary of Hong Kong web design company pnetform pnetform Technology Company Limited was founded...
How To Get Search Engine Optimization To Work For You
Search engine optimization (SEO) remains an extremely integral part of any digital marketing strategy –...
Want To Find The Best Web Design Company In Hong Kong? Follow These Steps!
If your brand needs a new look, you’ll most likely want to push for a...
5 Advanced Content Promotion Strategies You Need To Check Out
Content marketing isn’t just about creating content. A huge part of content marketing lies in...
Web Design 101: What Are Some Best Frameworks?
When we talk of web designs, it’s not always about aesthetics and putting pretty buttons...
How Does Reputation Play Into Determining Your SEO Ranking?
If you’re looking for ways to improve your approach to search engine optimization. You might...
What Are The Best Ways To Improve Instagram Engagement?
Improve Instagram engagement remains as one of the most popular social media networks out there,...
How Does Your Branding Affect Your Customer Experience?
When we think of branding, we usually imagine things such as new and fancy logos,...