Branding can perhaps be the most challenging aspect of building your company and for good reason. Branding serves as the identity of your company, and it can pull customers in or push them out if you’re not careful. And if you’re trying to build a presence in a location with evolving markets such as Hong Kong, then you definitely need to step up your online branding game. The way we’re saying this makes branding like an impossible endeavor, but it’s not. It can actually be one of the most enjoyable experiences you can do for your company. How do you make this work, though?
A brand can make a difference between a good idea and a successful business. And it’s actually easy to do online branding, wherever you are – be it Hong Kong or elsewhere. If you follow our tips, you can make not just “a” brand but a powerful brand.
- Explore the technicalities of building a brand: Nothing beats good research and preparation, and this is exactly what you should be doing when it comes to building a powerful brand. Online branding isn’t just “making your company have a personality.” There’s a lot of technical things to consider – and while the term “technical” might seem to mean “overwhelming,” it simply means be familiar with how your “company personality” will be translated into the business scene. What platforms do you want to use? Do you have an email list? What network do you have?
- When you make a brand, try to study everything that comes along with it. Brands have missions and values they have to follow, which means your campaigns need to revolve around these as well.
- Your brand isn’t just a colorful logo and a slogan. Having a brand means living up to a particular set of values, which means you should study how this affects your other offerings.
- Create an identity and a voice along with it: Branding isn’t just about making use of pretty colors and graphics or being witty on social media. When we say branding, we want to make sure your company has a “personality” and an identity that sets it apart from other brands, especially within your niche. This means trying as much as possible to create a “personality” that’s unique in your market, and something people will likely be able to remember. Not only that, but effective and powerful brands also rely on a unique voice that makes audiences remember who you are on a single glance.
- How do you want people to remember your brand? Try to figure this out and then think about the ways you can achieve this through your content and your products.
- When you think about your intended identity, try to think about your “voice” as well. This is how you will be able to interact with the many clients you’ll have through your collaterals and other copy. Knowing this helps make a sense of “unity” across your company.
- Remember who your audiences are all the time: When you formulate a brand, don’t forget the point of your brand: connecting with your audiences. By the time you decide on what kind of brand you want your company to have, make sure it’s something your target audience and your market will be able to appreciate. To do that, you need to be able to understand your intended customers, your projected personas, and be on the loop when it comes to consumer trends that can affect the way people see your brand in the future.
- Don’t forget the kind of audiences and customers you want to attract. If your product is aimed for businessmen, you don’t necessarily have to make your brand attractive to children.
- Try to offer something new to your audiences as well. If your niche is known to be classic and serious, try to be playful but at the same time get the job done. This might attract people.
- Investment goes a long way: You can create a brand for free, that’s for sure. You can spend zero dollars on developing a logo design on your own, a slogan, and even some basic necessities for your brand and your company. However, if you do have the money, it’s not wrong to consider relying on actual services to give you an edge in building your brand. Google AdWords can allow you to find out the kind of keywords you can best use for your ads, and Google AdSense can help you earn a bit more when people click on your ads. Other services let you in-depth analytics and other helpful knick-knacks that can boost your brand’s performance.
- Don’t let the idea of spending on a service faze you. A lot of services can really be helpful to your brand if you give it a shot. Try to research about various services and how they can help.
- For instance, companies such as Pnetform Web Development can help you build your brand from scratch. And while this does require payment, their experience on the matter can provide valuable insight to you.
- Build a reliable and credible network: Brands don’t have to be alone. In fact, a mark of a powerful brand lies in the way its network sees it. You don’t necessarily have to be at the top of your game – sometimes the best first step is to ensure other people say your brand along with big names in your industry. You can do this by building a reliable and credible network of sources, contacts, and affiliates from your brand. Guest blog and put advertisements on other sites and places related to your field. And try to make sure you get acquainted with customers and audiences that use related brands in your field as well.
- Try to identify the many key players in your field of choice and see if you can collaborate with them. Don’t compete with other brands unless absolutely necessary, because you might spend valuable time and money on the wrong pursuits.
- Try to establish partnerships with brands of similar nature, or brands among industries that can help your own company. This gives you a shared sense of connection and a community to work with.
Branding: The Basics Help You Shine
With the above in mind, it helps to remember that branding isn’t just a business practice. Rather, it’s a creative endeavor that involves a lot of planning, precise execution, and a ton of enjoyment. You have a lot of freedom when it comes to exploring the branding of your company. And methods in online branding make it extremely possible for you to create stunning pieces of branding that can set you apart from the competition. Remember the tips above, regardless if you want a global audience or if you want to attract markets in specific locales such as Hong Kong.
And if you want the support of a team of SEO and branding specialists, you can approach Pnetform Web Development. Our knowledge and experience on SEO and online branding can allow us to give you the kind of branding that’s not only fit for your company’s vision but your business goals as well.