If you’re looking for a time to up the ante on your e-commerce game, the New Year might be the time to do it. Whether you’re looking into a new e-commerce venture, or if you want to improve your business, knowing the latest e-commerce trends can do tremendous help to get you in the right “groove” and get the most returns. So what’s in it for you in terms of your e-commerce business this year?
- Global e-Commerce Changes
- A Deeper Dive Into Marketing And Sales
- Payments Will Take New Forms
- More Tech, More Personalization
- 2019 Is Still About Innovation
Global e-Commerce Changes
Before we dwell on specific trends in the realm of e-Commerce, it might help to look into global trends that can dominate the e-Commerce market. It might be of interest to business enthusiasts that a lot of rising technologies and trends may help you achieve e-Commerce success. For instance:
- Welcome the new AI retailers: Advancements in artificial intelligence (AI) may soon allow the rise of AI retailers. Service providers of chatbots and related technologies may soon help you get an AI to be in charge of your e-Commerce sales – removing a lot of the work (and the costs) from you and your team.
- Shop wherever, whenever you want: You need to take advantage of today’s smartphone reality – almost everyone has a smartphone, and a lot of apps already make these smartphones do a lot of tasks for their users. You can utilize this and make your e-Commerce service much more accessible to consumers and their phones. This can greatly encourage them to make purchases through your service.
- Get items in social media: Don’t underestimate the power of social media! Social media platforms help you form a bridge between your platform and your customers. This also means helping your customers get encouraged to make a purchase as they don’t have to leave said platform at all.
A Deeper Dive Into Marketing And Sales
E-Commerce this year may see a lot of changes to our approach with regards to selling products online. This is especially with technology that allows sellers and distributors to have a better idea on how to engage with users and customers. For instance:
- Influencer marketing still rocks: Who better to endorse your products but influencers that can actually tap into your target market? Instead of getting high-end celebrities and largely unknown individuals to showcase your products, influencers with a sizable following in social media can definitely help your enterprise shine. This will be more evident in 2019, as the growth of influencers are still at an all-time high.
- Emphasize multi-channel marketing: If you’re looking into better marketing methods for e-Commerce, it helps to tackle a lot of channels at your disposal. Aside from influencer marketing, tap into mobile advertising and social media marketing. Try focusing on getting traction from media and channels that get the most exposure to your target market.
- Develop omni-channel personalization: You need to tap into omni-channel marketing and personalization. This means going beyond a particular marketing media and instead try to reach through all sorts of channels at once. You can start doing this by putting as much focus on your content as you do your service and products. Remember, your content breathes life into your product’s offerings – so you need to show users how awesome their lives would be with your products. What better way to do this than with a story?
- Analytics will constantly improve: Businesses, especially e-Commerce, will see a spike of improvement when it comes to analytics. This is important, as markets can get increasingly complex nowadays. Having access to information such as your returns, your costs, and your marketing methods can be extremely helpful. And more advanced analytics trends such as mobile and real-time assessment can make your e-Commerce business fly.
Payments Will Take New Forms
Changes won’t happen in structures alone, though. Payments themselves may have completely new forms beginning 2019, especially with various changes in the market. For instance:
- Smarter, Mobile Payment Processes? You should probably look into smarter, more mobile forms of payment processes. Digital wallets such as those from credit cards, and even options such as PayPal and PayMaya allow users to pay for their goods and services on-the-go. If your e-Commerce platform supports such a feature, you’re likely going to have a much better chance of attracting lasting customers.
- Goodbye Free Returns? E-Commerce return rates happen 2 to 4 times more than traditional retail, and this has cost e-Commerce retailers a lot. Free returns and free shipping have caused an increase of managing returns. Companies like Amazon have announced banning “serial returners,” or people with a habit of returning their purchases.
- Say hello to sales taxes? Aside from free returns, sales taxes might start to be a thing in a few years. And while shoppers may be discouraged from shopping from retailers charging sales taxes, a sales tax might be a norm in the future. If you do plan on implementing a sales tax in your e-Commerce venture, try to clarify with your state or region how exactly your sales tax will work so you can explain it properly to your consumers and customers.
More Tech, More Personalization
Aside from changes in the global e-Commerce scene, there will be a ton of changes in what exactly happens inside e-Commerce. These range from better technology, to more customization and personalization options for users. For instance:
- e-Commerce needs progressive web apps: A progressive web app (or PWA) allows your e-Commerce venture to be more compatible with mobile. This can save you a lot of money creating a separate e-Commerce website and mobile app. PWAs are more of a hybrid software that allows your users to receive push notifications from their phones, remove updates, have offline accessibility, and load much faster.
- Welcome chatbots, AI-assisted partners: Aside from actual AI retailers, there’s a high chance of companies actually relying on chatbots and AI-assisted partners to do various aspects of their e-Commerce venture. This greatly reduces time and costs on the long run, as an AI can be advanced enough to get trained on certain functions, and do them efficiently and with minimal supervision.
- Custom packaging is still awesome: Today’s market has grown to have consumers with a penchant for customization. Why settle for customizable products when packaging itself can be customizable? It might help your e-Commerce venture to have a plethora of options for customizing the way your products and services are packaged and delivered to your customers. A little goes a long way, and in e-Commerce, sometimes it’s the thought that can earn you profit.
- Voice search works: What better way to look for products to buy than to skip the entire long process of typing keywords? Voice recognition technology today may soon pave way to voice search, and it helps to make sure you optimize your e-Commerce offerings to be easily recognizable via voice search.
2019 Is Still About Innovation
Trends for your e-commerce business this year has a lot to do with innovation, perhaps more so in 2019 than in other years. The arrival of social media, networking, and digital marketing also means a lot more industries have become extremely accessible to everyone else. This means business owners have a lot to do in terms of making products and services much more innovative for the consumer. If you want to start an e-commerce business, you’ve got to make a lot of things much easier, much accessible, and much more responsive for your potential customers.
Some essential tips to write SEO-Friendly Content
SEO has a lot of important practices that help to optimize your site according to...
What is HTTPS? Why do we need it for eCommerce?
What is HTTPS? What is the use of it? I believe that you are familiar...
Brutalist Web Design 2020
What is Brutalist web design? Brutalism originated from modern architecture in the 1950s. After the...
Famous Brand Websites Using WordPress
WordPress is Good for Web Design WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world....
Corporate Services Company Web Design Guide 2020
Corporate Services Company Website Design The sector of corporate services is highly competitive because most...
7 reasons to redesign the company website
Why does the company website matter? If you do business nowadays, you need a company...
The limitation of free website builder platform
Free website builder platform is good for newbies You like to have your own business,...
Top 10 Hong Kong web design company with best SEO
Good Web Design Supports SEO There are more than thousands of web design companies or...
Grow With Us Pnetform The Hong Kong Web Design Company
Web Design Agency Looking For Talented Partners Despite the economic plunge, there is huge demand...
Technology Voucher Programme (TVP) enhanced in Budget 2020-21
Significant enhancement of TVP in Budget 2020/21 Starting from April 1st, 2020, there will be...
Why you need a Hong Kong web design company for the local market
Hong Kong web design is just different Hong Kong is a very special place catching...
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: What Makes It Different?
While digital marketing in Hong Kong seems to be the same as with its other...
Web Design 101: How Can Good Web Design Boost Growth?
When we talk of web design, it’s not just fancy and artsy graphics – it...
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: An Insider’s View
When we talk of digital marketing in Hong Kong, a lot of people immediately look...
Content Marketing 101: Why Your Business Should Focus On Content Marketing
A lot of people think content marketing is just about writing content. Technically speaking, this...
Branding 101: Why Your Company Needs A Great Logo
When we talk of a logo for branding, we immediately think of a “striking” logo....
Web Development In Hong Kong: Important Cost Estimates For A Website
Hong Kong can be considered one of the best places to build a business, precisely...
How To Use Effective Blogging For Business
Blogging is nowhere near dead – and content writing in Hong Kong is not gone....
The Best E-Commerce Platforms For Your Website
E-Commerce can be quite the lucrative marketing and sales platform, thanks to its potential to...
YMCA Let Me Fly Project 2019
Let me fly Internship Programme 2019 pnetform is happy to participate in the Let Me...
Top 5 Chinese Search Engines You Need to Care About
If you want to invest in entering the Hong Kong market, you need to understand...
10 Creative Graphic Design Tips for Social Media
Graphic styles that cater to Western audience will vary greatly for graphics you want to...
The Ultimate Guide to Online Branding and Building Authority Part 1 – Blogging
When you establish your brand effectively, not only will you become memorable but also recognizable...
5 Proven Ways To Build A Powerful Brand For Your Business
Branding can perhaps be the most challenging aspect of building your company and for good...
Email marketing trends to survive in mid-year 2019
When we think of marketing, email marketing doesn’t always come to mind. Why use email...
How Luxury Brands Impact Hong Kong’s Online Shoppers With 4 Social Media Apps
Online shopping has been continuously paving the way towards many changes in the global consumer...
Can You Use SEO In Hong Kong To Promote Your Website?
A website can make a huge difference in your branding efforts, especially if you want...
In Today’s Busy Hong Kong Market, What ECommerce Platform Should You Use?
In Today’s Busy Hong Kong Market, What ECommerce Platform Should You Use? There’s no denying...
Web Design And Front-End Development: How It Ties To Profit And Branding
Web design in Hong Kong can do a lot of wonders to any website...
Why Local Business In 2019 Definitely Need A Website
Businesses in today’s day and age need all the traction they can get to attract...
Top 9 Tips To Create Stellar SEO Content This 2019
If you want to “get into SEO,” you might have heard the phrase “content is...
2019 Web design cost in Hong Kong – pnetform Technology
Web design cost in Hong Kong 2019 When we talk about designing and developing a...
Content Marketing Predictions For 2019 And Beyond
A lot of business owners and marketers will likely consider the recent years as groundbreaking...
5 Ways To Tweak Your Google Business Profile For Foot Traffic
A Google Business Profile can ensure everyone gets to reach you wherever and whenever they...
4 Digital Marketing Strategies You Should Know For Local Reach
When we talk of effective digital marketing strategies, we don’t just want catchy videos and...
Old Website Content Won’t Cut It: Why And How Updating Your Content Works
A lot of digital marketers want to have reliable content writers and creators on their...
Microsoft Chromium Edge Is Here: What It Means For Front-End Developers
If you’ve ever been in the “know-how” of website development, you’ve probably heard of Microsoft...
Link Building And The Reason It Matters To SEO
A lot of people tend to forget that link building remains perhaps the most integral...
Taobao Rising As The Number One E-commerce Platform in Hong Kong?
If you’re looking for something to buy online in hong kong ecommerce, you’d likely look at...
SEO In Hong Kong: How Should You Do It?
Going local for your business isn’t an easy decision, regardless if you’re doing this from...
Get That Web Development Edge With These 2019 Trends
We’re only a quarter in 2019, but a lot of things have already happened in...
Digital Marketing 101: 10 Basic Strategies You’re Ignoring
When we think of “effective digital marketing strategies,” we often think of complex plans that...
Third anniversary of pnetform Technology
3rd anniversary of Hong Kong web design company pnetform pnetform Technology Company Limited was founded...
How To Get Search Engine Optimization To Work For You
Search engine optimization (SEO) remains an extremely integral part of any digital marketing strategy –...
Want To Find The Best Web Design Company In Hong Kong? Follow These Steps!
If your brand needs a new look, you’ll most likely want to push for a...
5 Advanced Content Promotion Strategies You Need To Check Out
Content marketing isn’t just about creating content. A huge part of content marketing lies in...
Web Design 101: What Are Some Best Frameworks?
When we talk of web designs, it’s not always about aesthetics and putting pretty buttons...
How Does Reputation Play Into Determining Your SEO Ranking?
If you’re looking for ways to improve your approach to search engine optimization. You might...
What Are The Best Ways To Improve Instagram Engagement?
Improve Instagram engagement remains as one of the most popular social media networks out there,...
How Does Your Branding Affect Your Customer Experience?
When we think of branding, we usually imagine things such as new and fancy logos,...