So you want to design your own website. That’s great – you’re a few steps closer to making your website developing dreams a reality. However, there’s more to web development than just choosing a web hosting platform and a web domain. In fact, web designing has a lot more to do to do than just choosing colors and layouts. Before you finalize your website design, you might want to learn more about UX and UI design.
Website Designing: What Does the Data Say?
Still wondering if you should focus on website design? It’s important to remember that web designing can actually be the one step you need to make a website that people will always look back to. Web developing services such as ours in Pnetform focus not just on building your website, but making sure it attracts consumers. A lot of UX and UI actually play in this too. For instance:
- Almost half of website visitors (48-percent) see web design as the most integral component of a brand’s credibility. In fact, 38-percent of viewers will skip sites that don’t look appealing to them.
- More than half of viewers will choose to read content presented beautifully than plain content.
- Almost half of website visitors will actually close your website if your images take too long to load. In fact, it’s been observed that sales actually drop if your webpages take too long for viewers to see.
The Difference Between UX and UI Design
Everyone can perhaps agree that website design has a lot to do with a user’s overall impression of a brand. After all, pretty and functional designs tend to be perceived as more reliable than other websites. However, should website developing really involve UX/UI web design? Would this really affect choices such as web hosting and web domain? Learning about the difference between UX and UI design might help your brand setup more reliable and effective websites.
Unveiling UX: User Experience Design
Designers can define UX as the process of improving a product’s ease of use, usability, and impressions from the point of view of customer interaction. An interesting part of this simplified definition would be the lack of any mention of technology. User experience or UX focuses on the customer first and foremost.
- UX has been first coined by Don Norman of the Nielsen Norman Group Design Consultancy. According to Norman, UX pertains to “all aspects of the end user’s interaction” with any or all of the company’s elements. These include branding, services, and products. You may want to pay attention to the “all aspects” part of the definition. This means UX can be designed regardless of the medium you’re looking at.
- Some might say designers just use “UX” as a fancier term than “market research.” A lot of this has to do with the fact that UX really has a lot to do with analyzing consumers and building product designs based on gathered data. For instance, UX deals with analyzing competition and customers, developing and prototyping products, and tracking implementation and distribution. All of these affect UX design, but they also are a part of market research.
- Given the “all aspects” approach of UX, business owners can look at UX outside digital. UX designers can use their talents to build user experience designs based on services and products across various niches and settings. The focus here really has a lot to do with ensuring customers get the best experience out of your product.
Uncovering UI: User Interface Design
Whereas UX focuses on attaining maximum customer satisfaction, UI focuses on tailoring products to meet these needs. Does this sound similar to the definition of UX? It does. Defining UX and UI separately can sometimes confuse even professional designers. This is because the nature of work they do really tend to overlap. However, it might help to look at UI as a process that needs to produce a plan on how to best interact with a product. Whereas UX focuses on agreeing on meeting Experience A, UI focuses on how you can get users to meet Experience A in the first place.
- A lot of people tend to see UI as simple graphic user interfaces. We can’t blame them for the misconception. After all, UI usually results in designing interfaces that make for responsive, guiding, and attractive experiences whenever users access products and services. However, UI isn’t limited to graphics. UI can involve which buttons to use in a machine, or how best to look at the arrangement of particular elements.
- UI has a lot to do with making sure you can do enough research to identify how users want to use products and services. UX allows you to identify a need people want to meet. However, UI focuses on making sure you meet those needs in the most attractive and most satisfying way possible. Is red the best color for this button? Is this the best angle for a particular graphic? If you’re looking for even the tiniest adjustment to improve the way someone uses your products, you’re looking at UI design.
- Designing UI involves a lot of digital aspects and dimensions. This can be rooted in the reality that today’s digital-oriented society do focus on enhancing experiences via effective and attractive visual design. It’s not about pretty websites anymore. It’s how fast images load, it’s how easy you can navigate to a webpage, and it’s how you use web development to optimize your code. A lot of this lies in the backdrop of UI design because whereas UX handles experiences, UI taps into maximizing a person’s perception of your brand.
UX and UI: How Are They Different?
With the above in mind, we can at least say that we’ve defined the basics of UX and UI as separate yet very similar concepts. We now know UX and UI have a lot to do with helping users get the best experience out of your products and services. However, in what ways are they different?
- UX deals with the big, UI deals with the small – While the two are similar concepts, you can’t look into the design with these two elements interchanged. Building a UX or user experience design stems from the need to solve a particular user need. As such, UX designs actually have a lot to do with how business models meet a targeted need. Meanwhile, UIs or user interfaces combine branding with interaction design. UI designers aim to build the best tools and mechanisms users can use to interact with your website. It helps to separate UX and UI with the scope of their designs. User experience deals with the big experience, which involves how users use your brand to meet their needs. Meanwhile, user interfaces deal with the small experience, which involves the instruments users will use to benefit from your brand.
- UX tackles needs, UI tackles wants – If you want another distinguishing feature between UX and UI, we can do this using brands. For instance, if you’re looking reliable web development in Hong Kong, you can look into Pnetform web design services, or the services of Brand B. At Pnetform, we don’t just provide web designs – we make sure we provide web designs compatible for mobile devices. Meanwhile, Brand B can provide extremely cheap web designs. Both our brands can provide web development services, but you might want websites that are compatible for mobile devices. UX and UI work in a similar fashion. UX focus on making sure users meet their needs using your brand. However, meeting such a need can be tackled in many ways, and users might prefer meeting their needs with Method A instead of Method B. UI makes sure they use the best methods that appeal to your users.
- If you want another distinguishing feature between UX and UI, we can do this using brands. For instance, if you’re looking reliable web development in Hong Kong, you can look into Pnetform web design services, or the services of Brand B. At Pnetform, we don’t just provide web designs – we make sure we provide web designs compatible for mobile devices. Meanwhile, Brand B can provide extremely cheap web designs. Both our brands can provide web development services, but you might want websites that are compatible for mobile devices. UX and UI work in a similar fashion. UX focus on making sure users meet their needs using your brand. However, meeting such a need can be tackled in many ways, and users might prefer meeting their needs with Method A instead of Method B. UI makes sure they use the best methods that appeal to your users.
- UX focuses on use, UI focuses on appearance. Another key difference between UX and UI lies in how their designs affect different outcomes of your branding. If you’re focusing on web design, you might want to try looking at UX versus UI as practicality versus appearance. If you’ve noticed, a lot of UX designs focus on bringing a particular need to light. UX designers work on making sure your brand gets to meet these needs. Meanwhile, UI designs focus more on making products appealing to customers. UI designers focus on making users use products because they like them. So in this case, let’s assume your focus on web development will be making an online shop. Your UX can help create a shop that responds to queries within minutes. Your UI can help users access this service easily.
- UX has many dimensions, UI focuses on interfaces. Perhaps the easiest way to separate UX and UI will be referring to their names. UI, or user interfaces, really focus on interfaces. This doesn’t mean they’re limited to graphical user interfaces, though. Rather, user interfaces focus on how products appear, especially if they have interfaces. What’s the best way to show a particular feature? How can we convince people to click on a particular button? Meanwhile, UX can be used across different brands and products. Designing “experiences” can pertain to many things, and there can be a million needs that can be solved by meaningful user experiences.
UX and UI Design: Definition and Approach Make All The Difference
User interfaces and user experiences seem like very similar subjects, and indeed they’re part of the same core concept. UX and UI design remain integral in making sure users of products and services remain happy and satisfied with their purchase. However, the two (2) topics differ in their approach to making sure this happens. These differences matter regardless of the platform, such as website developing and website designing. It’s important to remember that UIs exist as a means for users to “interface” or interact with products and services, hence the name. Likewise, user experience encompasses the entire spectrum of materials, items, and tasks involved in ensuring audiences are satisfied with their experience of a product or service.
Some essential tips to write SEO-Friendly Content
SEO has a lot of important practices that help to optimize your site according to...
What is HTTPS? Why do we need it for eCommerce?
What is HTTPS? What is the use of it? I believe that you are familiar...
Brutalist Web Design 2020
What is Brutalist web design? Brutalism originated from modern architecture in the 1950s. After the...
Famous Brand Websites Using WordPress
WordPress is Good for Web Design WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world....
Corporate Services Company Web Design Guide 2020
Corporate Services Company Website Design The sector of corporate services is highly competitive because most...
7 reasons to redesign the company website
Why does the company website matter? If you do business nowadays, you need a company...
The limitation of free website builder platform
Free website builder platform is good for newbies You like to have your own business,...
Top 10 Hong Kong web design company with best SEO
Good Web Design Supports SEO There are more than thousands of web design companies or...
Grow With Us Pnetform The Hong Kong Web Design Company
Web Design Agency Looking For Talented Partners Despite the economic plunge, there is huge demand...
Technology Voucher Programme (TVP) enhanced in Budget 2020-21
Significant enhancement of TVP in Budget 2020/21 Starting from April 1st, 2020, there will be...
Why you need a Hong Kong web design company for the local market
Hong Kong web design is just different Hong Kong is a very special place catching...
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: What Makes It Different?
While digital marketing in Hong Kong seems to be the same as with its other...
Web Design 101: How Can Good Web Design Boost Growth?
When we talk of web design, it’s not just fancy and artsy graphics – it...
Digital Marketing in Hong Kong: An Insider’s View
When we talk of digital marketing in Hong Kong, a lot of people immediately look...
Content Marketing 101: Why Your Business Should Focus On Content Marketing
A lot of people think content marketing is just about writing content. Technically speaking, this...
Branding 101: Why Your Company Needs A Great Logo
When we talk of a logo for branding, we immediately think of a “striking” logo....
Web Development In Hong Kong: Important Cost Estimates For A Website
Hong Kong can be considered one of the best places to build a business, precisely...
How To Use Effective Blogging For Business
Blogging is nowhere near dead – and content writing in Hong Kong is not gone....
The Best E-Commerce Platforms For Your Website
E-Commerce can be quite the lucrative marketing and sales platform, thanks to its potential to...
YMCA Let Me Fly Project 2019
Let me fly Internship Programme 2019 pnetform is happy to participate in the Let Me...
Top 5 Chinese Search Engines You Need to Care About
If you want to invest in entering the Hong Kong market, you need to understand...
10 Creative Graphic Design Tips for Social Media
Graphic styles that cater to Western audience will vary greatly for graphics you want to...
The Ultimate Guide to Online Branding and Building Authority Part 1 – Blogging
When you establish your brand effectively, not only will you become memorable but also recognizable...
5 Proven Ways To Build A Powerful Brand For Your Business
Branding can perhaps be the most challenging aspect of building your company and for good...
Email marketing trends to survive in mid-year 2019
When we think of marketing, email marketing doesn’t always come to mind. Why use email...
How Luxury Brands Impact Hong Kong’s Online Shoppers With 4 Social Media Apps
Online shopping has been continuously paving the way towards many changes in the global consumer...
Can You Use SEO In Hong Kong To Promote Your Website?
A website can make a huge difference in your branding efforts, especially if you want...
In Today’s Busy Hong Kong Market, What ECommerce Platform Should You Use?
In Today’s Busy Hong Kong Market, What ECommerce Platform Should You Use? There’s no denying...
Web Design And Front-End Development: How It Ties To Profit And Branding
Web design in Hong Kong can do a lot of wonders to any website...
Why Local Business In 2019 Definitely Need A Website
Businesses in today’s day and age need all the traction they can get to attract...
Top 9 Tips To Create Stellar SEO Content This 2019
If you want to “get into SEO,” you might have heard the phrase “content is...
2019 Web design cost in Hong Kong – pnetform Technology
Web design cost in Hong Kong 2019 When we talk about designing and developing a...
Content Marketing Predictions For 2019 And Beyond
A lot of business owners and marketers will likely consider the recent years as groundbreaking...
5 Ways To Tweak Your Google Business Profile For Foot Traffic
A Google Business Profile can ensure everyone gets to reach you wherever and whenever they...
4 Digital Marketing Strategies You Should Know For Local Reach
When we talk of effective digital marketing strategies, we don’t just want catchy videos and...
Old Website Content Won’t Cut It: Why And How Updating Your Content Works
A lot of digital marketers want to have reliable content writers and creators on their...
Microsoft Chromium Edge Is Here: What It Means For Front-End Developers
If you’ve ever been in the “know-how” of website development, you’ve probably heard of Microsoft...
Link Building And The Reason It Matters To SEO
A lot of people tend to forget that link building remains perhaps the most integral...
Taobao Rising As The Number One E-commerce Platform in Hong Kong?
If you’re looking for something to buy online in hong kong ecommerce, you’d likely look at...
SEO In Hong Kong: How Should You Do It?
Going local for your business isn’t an easy decision, regardless if you’re doing this from...
Get That Web Development Edge With These 2019 Trends
We’re only a quarter in 2019, but a lot of things have already happened in...
Digital Marketing 101: 10 Basic Strategies You’re Ignoring
When we think of “effective digital marketing strategies,” we often think of complex plans that...
Third anniversary of pnetform Technology
3rd anniversary of Hong Kong web design company pnetform pnetform Technology Company Limited was founded...
How To Get Search Engine Optimization To Work For You
Search engine optimization (SEO) remains an extremely integral part of any digital marketing strategy –...
Want To Find The Best Web Design Company In Hong Kong? Follow These Steps!
If your brand needs a new look, you’ll most likely want to push for a...
5 Advanced Content Promotion Strategies You Need To Check Out
Content marketing isn’t just about creating content. A huge part of content marketing lies in...
Web Design 101: What Are Some Best Frameworks?
When we talk of web designs, it’s not always about aesthetics and putting pretty buttons...
How Does Reputation Play Into Determining Your SEO Ranking?
If you’re looking for ways to improve your approach to search engine optimization. You might...
What Are The Best Ways To Improve Instagram Engagement?
Improve Instagram engagement remains as one of the most popular social media networks out there,...
How Does Your Branding Affect Your Customer Experience?
When we think of branding, we usually imagine things such as new and fancy logos,...